Cultivated Reef

DJ Christ One's Aquapod

djchristone

djchristone

restarting this tank :) check pg 2, post 27 for new start :)

---

got bored =) so i thought i'd make myself a nice little thread :P i doubt anything major will happen here. =) just planning on moving the contents of my 12 gal into the aquapod once the new rock/sand are done cycling :)

i replaced the stock pump with a jebo one i had lying around. i was honestly surprised that the stock pump felt so weak when i put my hand against the outputs...even the jebo one feels weak...a bit stronger but yeah...also planning on throwing a maxi-jet 1200 into the tank with a hydor flo to mix it up a bit. :) quite possibly a small power head behind the rockwork too (haven't decided on where and how to place rocks yet =))

FTS of current ls and lr =)

m90666986.jpg

i flipped the rock standing up around and kicked up some sand (explaining the dirtiness of the water >.<) just to see how it would look on camera

img removed

more to come later :) the sunpod right now is over my 12 gal to acclimate everything to the new light >.<

---

i realize that the boring cloudy tank from ls/lr is pretty tiring so i'll just post pics of my 12 gal as a farewell tribute =P

FTS

m90672117.jpg

i've been getting into blastos lately...dunno why...i just really like them O.O

m90671459.jpg

m90671549.jpg

m90671624.jpg

here's my recent acan...the red started to come back but ever since i moved back home from my dorm, the red disappeared again =(

m90671391.jpg

purchases from today at fraggle reef at the SCNRS BBQ

i most certainly ended up paying A LOT for just these four frags >.<

bought this frag for the blue zoos with red skirt

you can see the blue zoo frags i'm selling in the back =P

compare and contrast the blue-ness! :P

m90671814.jpg

blue zoos with green skirt

m90672035.jpg

i think these were called propeller blue zoos? o.O g-force, wanna pitch in on this one? o.O

m90671889.jpg

this frag...it certainly looked a lot better at fraggle reef...:P not so great in my tank...>.<

m90671974.jpg

maybe i'll take more pics tomorrow morning after i change out the bulb the to phoenix 14k :) we shall see :)

djchristone

Diskusting, i would say i like the aquapod a lot more :) it actually nears it's gallon size a lot more than the jbj as well as the fact that current doesn't give you crap for their products messing up on you :P

thanks guys :)

fraggle rockette

i gots me some of those propellerheads too :D mine haven't opened yet tho -_-

gah i think we all spent a lot at FR this weekend... lol. i blame the patron!

i gots me some of those propellerheads too :D mine haven't opened yet tho -_-

gah i think we all spent a lot at FR this weekend... lol. i blame the patron!

^^^^second that^^^^

got up the next morning looked at y tanks and was all" where the hell did that come from "and even a " what the hell is that"

djchristone
got up the next morning looked at y tanks and was all" where the hell did that come from "and even a " what the hell is that"

LOL!!! hahaha yeah with one of the frags, the one that looked better at FR...i was honestly wondering what the hell i was thinking -_-

What kind of light do you have those frags under right now?

I'm pretty sure the blues in that first pic are what he's calling "Blue Organisms". I'd love to have some of those myself!

Funny thing is, I've actually got a box I just got in from FR sitting on my kitchen table right now, haven't even unpacked it all the way yet!

I like the blasto's, I'm just starting to get into those a bit.

Ok, time to open up the new goods!

djchristone

those are under my sunpod 150w :) and lol the first blues...i think he called them spiderman blues? no idea o.O have fun unpacking! :)

i think i'm going to finally move my 12gal into the aquapod tomorrow. the 12 gal needs a lot of top off to stay up at normal water level >.< tests in the past few days haven't shown much either so...:)

djchristone

i'm quite stupid

i thought there was something wrong with the tank -_- i threw some test corals in there to see if it was completely stable since the tests have read zero for a while.

i came back after school to find the corals in a horrible state. i honestly couldn't figure out what was wrong and i honestly was thinking that possibly the sand was contaminated somehow...

when i tested the water i had set aside for a water change...i realized that i had a MAJOR FUBAR mistake. it takes about 2 and a half cups of salt to make 5 gallons of water ~1.023 salinity...

i had accidentally grabbed the 1/2 cup and used that instead of the 1 cup...meaning i was using 1 and a quarter cup per 5 gallons...

the water was at 1.015 for my 29 gal and the aquapod...which would most certainly explain why the cleaner shrimp died T.T and why so many pods were floating around T.T the 29 gallon is back to normal after shocking myself badly >.< the pump for the uv sterilizer came loose off the hose and shot water straight up and out of the tank at 300 gph T.T

to some it up, i need a lot more salt since i ran out tonight T.T and i most definitely owned myself tonight -_- HORRIBLY T.T

djchristone

thinking about getting a flame hawkfish...moved most of my tank into the aquapod :)

pics to come later :)

• 1 month later...
djchristone

heh took forever to take a fts of it set up :P

i added a flame hawkfish to the tank but i noticed it's body stuck in the rocks while cleaning it 2 days later...that was a bummer :\

i'll do some close ups later on coral and what not :)

m99840191.jpg

tank set up isn't complete :\ still unhappy with how the tank looks, especially the hydor/maxijet 1200 :\

lights also just came on when the pic was taken so some of my coral are still closed :\

• 1 month later...

i realize i haven't updated or really been on nr for a while =P

so here are some updated pics =)

i just moved my tank back to my dorm and somewhat suffered losses, not complete though but still sucks =\

(all taken by my camera phone)

FTS

m108455194.jpg

Close Ups

my clowns actually host the green palys, they jammed themselves inside it every night to sleep -__-

m108455205.jpg

Acans and 3 Headed Bubble Coral

m108455200.jpg

Close Up of the Acans

they're not so happy with me either, have receded a bit :\ but then again, an angel was picking on them before i picked them up -__-

m108455228.jpg

m108455233.jpg

My micros took the biggest hit moving here =( Most of the colony disintegrated but it's stopped and finally eating again >.<

m108455237.jpg

Hammer Coral in the shape of the first letter of my name :P, Master Flayer Zoos (i think that's what they're called), and my clam =)

m108455218.jpg

My fish =)

Flame Hawkfish named Squirt

you know how in the movie the incredibles...the baby has that one haired spike?

this flame hawk kinda has the same thing, there's a big gap between his first two "hairs" of the mane and the rest of it...i assume something picked on him at the lfs but it's undeniable cute =P two little "hairs" poking out into different directions, a gap, then the rest of his mane =P

m108455240.jpg

Kaudern's Cardinal

it took me quite a while to get this pic (the bugger kept slowly drifting around so he was never in the center or un-blurry -__-) and i must say i really do like it

m108455246.jpg

Clownfish

tried to get a pic of both of my clowns but they're overactive as always -_-

here's the orange one, which all the girls in my dorm are annoyingly calling it 'nemo' -__-

reminds me of someone else's pic that i saw on here before i believe...

but no, this is my pic :)

tried to take a pic of my black perc but refused to stay still. i definiely panicked this morning when i didn't find him in the tank...somehow he jumped into the back chamber...-__- was waiting at the top of the intake area for me to throw him back in -_- but if you look closely in the FTS, you can see her near the orange one...albeit blurry

m108455248.jpg

that's it for now :) all the coral from the first few pics i still have and i did pick up a few others that i haven't taken pics of yet but whatever :P maybe another time =) thanks for looking :)

btw, i do know that mj1200 and the hydor look like s@#$ and i have found the perfect rock to take up that spot, fits perfectly but until that sucker cycles, nothing i can do about it T.T

• 4 weeks later...

sooo...my flame hawkfish disappeared when the nudibranch appeared... replaced him with a YWG! :) one of my favorite fishes :) this one is incredibly small though, was a bit worried about him surviving...heck when i placed him into quarantine, my baby lionfish tried to eat him (almost successfully)..-.-

so here he is :) finally inside of my tank :) and eating well might i add :)

sitting on top of closed up GSP (tank lights turned off for a bit)

compare his size to a gsp polyp O.O

m111842145.jpg

sitting inside his cave :)

m111842148.jpg

nothing for myself :\ went to alice and rita afterwards too but didn't find anything i liked. :\

although that griessingei goby was incredibly awesome and i wanted one...but for 65$...>.< too much for something i'd probably never see again >.< oh yeah, that reminds me, alice has a lot of blue clams and her prices are generally cheap, you might want to go look at those although i think most of them are croceas..

• 1 month later...

tank update

fts, kinda blurry :\

m117176263.jpg

er...tts? :P (top tank shot? :P) of the back panel

m117176447.jpg

new clam, another tts, close to the front. btw the small clam ISN'T going to stay there. only place i could leave that plate rock so it could root itself down =)

m117176297.jpg

got some new rics

very blue!

m117176387.jpg

couldn't capture the correct colors on this one no matter how many times i tried :\ alot more orangey and bluey in person ;) florida rics

m117176411.jpg

this one gets hit straight by the flow so yeah -_- had to adjust the nozzle but still -_- colors look better in person again. you can't really tell but there's a pinkish hue to it with yellow spots

m117176431.jpg

the organism frag i bought from fragglereef are definitely growing :) on another piece of plate rock so it'll grow out :D don't mind that algae on the glass -___- need a razor blade to scrap it off, even a hard tooth brush doesn't work on it -_- anyone know what it is anyway?

m117176314.jpg

raspberry limeades i also bought from fr are growing out as well. made a small frag of that :) unfortunately, the propeller blues or whatever they're called died on me no matter what i did to save it -_-

m117176341.jpg

new addition: kryptonites!

m117176275.jpg

pics of the small frags of the limeades and kryptonites

m117176240.jpg

other new additions

Armor of Gods and those pink palys next to it

m117176151.jpg

blue shrooms in the bank, small frag of ring of fire zoos growing on it, you can barely seem them hidden under the toadstool (well looks like it is in the pic -.-)

m117176170.jpg

fish pix, 3 of my current fish in there. sixline wrasse way too fast to take a pic of. got it to take care of my bristle/fire worm problem since those things were starting to get huge. pretty scary how he attacks them so ferociously :ninja:

m117176220.jpg

pic of my clown in front of the hammer coral (which i got because it spells the letter J :P)

m117176187.jpg

rbta in quarantine in soap dish -___- started moving around, got half sucked into the back chamber...

m117176359.jpg

pic of bubble coral and acan, bit surprised no one has noticed these acans i have yet :P

m117176129.jpg

another acan pic

m117176121.jpg

that's it for now :)

• 1 month later...

nothing new...moved tank home and i realzied i have an incredibly large number of frags that i need to blow out soon :)

but i feel incredibly stupid. so as usual routine, i took a hard toothbrush and a razor blade to the glass once all the rock was removed from the tank and i had free reign to clean wherever i wanted (even places the nimble can't get! O.O) lately i've also been getting super hard algae on the glass that only gets cleaned off by scrapping it with a razor blade -_- so yeah...while i was doing this i grabbed the inner part of the nimble to help clean, drop it into the sand figuring i'd use it later...

i moved the tank home...completely reset it up...and then realized the inner part of my nimble is now somewhere below all of my rock work hidden inside the sand T______T

• 11 months later...

Archived