ReefCleaners.org

DJ Christ One's Aquapod

djchristone

• 1 year later...
djchristone

SO...A NEW BEGINNING! :)

If some of you have read in the hardware classifieds, my tank has gone to hell. :(

From what it used to look like in the previous pics, it now looks like this:

m212911836.jpg

m212911832.jpg

when it used to look like this...though this fts definitely doesn't resemble anything like it did before I let it go die...

m117176263.jpg

Sadness...Unfortunately, while I was busy slaving away to finish my masters, my tank got completely and totally neglected. No water changes, no nothing for a year. Just topping off by my dad. So now I'm back and going to turn this tank back around to what it used to be like!

Currently after a good cleaning, though taken before the 30% water change where I siphoned off most of the algae on the back wall and rocks, looks like this:

m212945136.jpg

Amazingly, my 2 black clowns from my old 20L clown breeding project where still alive and kicking along with the YWG I raised since he was a baby (no bigger than 3/4 of an inch). The Arabian pseudochromis was no where to be seen though probably for the better considering there was an aiptasia outbreak. Don't really have the funds to go all out so I only have 5 blue legged hermits (whic h have mopped up a good amount of algae I have to say) and 3 peppermints in there (got yesterday to start taking down aiptasia).

And as you can guess, most of my corals have died leaving only a hand few behind. Metallic green and red mushrooms, a couple yumas, some brown zoos (unfortunately :P)...most of the rarer collection I prized before has perished. :( No more blue zoos with and kind of red, green, or brown rim. No more PPEs or RPEs and other nicer zoos/palys I collected...

But no more whining and complaining!

This tank'll be stronger than ever!

I'm back and off we go. :)

Archived