SaltCritters.com

My Fan is smaller than Yours

PicoSavvy

I thought this was worth sharing, I just got this little guy in, and it is absolutely tiny, here it is next to Apple EarPods for size comparison.

20150911_153959_zpsa05d6hko.jpg

Now there is no excuse for not being able to cool a pico tank

It is funny how making things small makes them adorable... because that fan is kinda cute!

If hamsters were computer techs, these would be the fans they would install!

Lol. so you basically need one per LED :wacko::blink::lol:

Yea one per diode, you could probably get 2 comfortably per led star and about 4 of them would cover the led star

It is funny how making things small makes them adorable... because that fan is kinda cute!

If hamsters were computer techs, these would be the fans they would install!

Yea when I saw it, I had to get it

What is the power draw and where did you get it?

0.06A at 5.0V, A guy at my hobby shop order it for me. I am using it as a cooling fan on my 1/24 rc I am still testing it to see if it makes any difference , it was not that cheap compare to other fans it cost me 15 dollars.

0.06A at 5.0V, A guy at my hobby shop order it for me. I am using it as a cooling fan on my 1/24 rc I am still testing it to see if it makes any difference , it was not that cheap compare to other fans it cost me 15 dollars.

Wow thats pretty expensive. How many mm is it?

Wow thats pretty expensive. How many mm is it?

The fan is 15mm if I remember right.

Here it is sitting pretty ready to cool my motor.

20150912_211138_zpsjgyribxu.jpg

And here are the two them, one is rocket power, it has a jetex rocket motor on it, I never test it or set it off.

20150912_211449_zpsyj6racil.jpg

Shit dude thats going to be insane.

I still don't approve of you ditching the racer for a Collective pitch though :P

I am not ditching the racer it is just going to be sitting in the background for now, Collective pitch is incredible man, upside down, sideways flight, anything and everything inbetween.

I am not ditching the racer it is just going to be sitting in the background for now, Collective pitch is incredible man, upside down, sideways flight, anything and everything inbetween.

Cool cool. Im thinking about a commercial drone... Like the Phantom 3 Professional. Its really incredible what they've done recently; the GPS, flight modes, 4k video, and 25 minute flight time is very attractive.

But thats a lotta $$.... I have to think about it. And make the $$ first lol

Cool cool. Im thinking about a commercial drone... Like the Phantom 3 Professional. Its really incredible what they've done recently; the GPS, flight modes, 4k video, and 25 minute flight time is very attractive.

But thats a lotta $$.... I have to think about it. And make the $$ first lol

I could never buy commercial stuff, you can make a better unit for the same price or less. An example of this was when I bought my traxxas 1/7 super car when it first came out it was over 1000 dollars and I was one of the first people in line to buy one, after I bought it and play with it a bit I realized the stock electronics were crappy and upgraded them and that cost me another 600 dollars, instead I should have bought a roller and added my own electronics to it. One of the few commercial drones I have bought came from Team BlackSheep and it was their TBS GEMINI, the little thing was super fast, I regret selling it because I really did like it but I needed the money for something.

I could never buy commercial stuff, you can make a better unit for the same price or less. An example of this was when I bought my traxxas 1/7 super car when it first came out it was over 1000 dollars and I was one of the first people in line to buy one, after I bought it and play with it a bit I realized the stock electronics were crappy and upgraded them and that cost me another 600 dollars, instead I should have bought a roller and added my own electronics to it. One of the few commercial drones I have bought came from Team BlackSheep and it was their TBS GEMINI, the little thing was super fast, I regret selling it because I really did like it but I needed the money for something.

What would you recommend? I definitely want something with advanced GPS functions, but am not sure I could program that myself

What would you recommend? I definitely want something with advanced GPS functions, but am not sure I could program that myself

If you want advanced gps function look at the dji naza, it has alot of futures. It seem you want a it for photography, I am no expert in that area, I just race them, but basically you want to spend money on the gimbal that the main thing apart from good motors.

(http://www.phoenixflightgear.com/Phoenix-Flight-Gear-Frames_c_34-1-2.html)

(http://www.multiwiicopter.com/airframes/)

Frame, motor and esc depends in what you want to carry and your overall cargo weight. You want to carry a gopro, dslr camera, studio camera or your girlfriend ?

Depending on your answer electronic choices will very.

Now I will admit dji does sell some good commercial drones and are recommended by people, I personally I haven't had enough time on one to recommend one.

For me it is saving time for black Friday or cyber Mondays so I can get my hands on one of these sexy machines.

EF_13_1_0114_010_img015_zpsvnyc5uoo.jpg

Archived