Coral Vue Hydros

The Nothing from the Ocean RSM 130 New pics pg10

tennis20

I wouldn't read in to it without water movement. Check it for a few days the lights will make a difference too. Did you install the rear fan? Helps a little.

Yeah fan is installed. I've had a lot of eat issues before so I'm very apprehensive about them. And btw all the cloudiness is gone

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SerenityReef

Wow...were a long way from SPS...

I would clear what you can off the back wall for flow and detritus removal. 1/4 will do.

Base looks good but top half looks like a pile of rock. See what you can do to open up the top like the base maybe make a bridge/arch. If your going tower check out Spiros...

No, the height is fine to give them room to grow.

Oh cool

Wow...were a long way from SPS...

I would clear what you can off the back wall for flow and detritus removal. 1/4 will do.

Base looks good but top half looks like a pile of rock. See what you can do to open up the top like the base maybe make a bridge/arch. If your going tower check out Spiros...

Oh yeah, I'm probably a year away form SPS but I just want the possibility ya know? Yeah that's what I was thinking some room in the back would be good and I have some smaller pieces so I could probably glue some stuff together to get the more open look

And my cycle has started! .5 ammonia!

10faa99db0dd8258d5afdea6c864e742_zps0bb2

Some of the best scapes I've seen here on N-R all have a feeling of great depth.
They also incorporate a valley of some sort to help with that effect.

Try to not just make a pile of rocks. Like Serenity said, the base is good.

Maybe try the rule of thirds, since when you're looking at your tank, it's like looking

at a great picture you created! W-

SerenityReef

Aww API Kits (perfect for cycle tests)

My tank is (adding in the BC14) is about a year and a half. I finally stopped killing SPS. I only killed two but swore off them for months. Then I just feel in love with Frogskin acropora

Aww API Kits (perfect for cycle tests)

My tank is (adding in the BC14) is about a year and a half. I finally stopped killing SPS. I only killed two but swore off them for months. Then I just feel in love with Frogskin acropora

They have some 3-3.5" colonies at the lfs for $40 and some of them are really nice but I'm going to use my will power to not get them until I'm confident I can keep them.

It's hell watching things die in your tank...done that a to myself a few times.

Especially when there too much get and you cat control it at all so you're helpless just watching everything die

Been quite for you...what you playing with over there?

Yeah, just waiting fo rthe cycle to be over. But, school started yestarday and I'm just getting back into the old grind. tank-wise though, I have a whole story. First, part of the inlet on my pump was a little leaky, so I was thinking it would be easy to fix. Put some hot glue on the gap and I'm done. That worked out great. But, when I was putting the pump back I knocked down a rock. So I took the opportunity to just fix the scape up top. But eventually I ended up taking the whole scape down and rescaping a lot. I hate all of the new scapes. I loved the old one. So I'm very frustrated and my tank is cloudy as hell. So i'll go at it again tomorrow.

Does anyone have tips for aquascaping? Like, should I imagine what I'm going to do or just wing it as I'm building up because that's what i've been doing and it works sometimes. And people have mentioned "depth", how can I acheive a feeling of "depth" any examples? Also, I'm selling my aquamaxx hob so if anyone's looking for one, it's on ebay.

I would have an idea but nothing concrete. Don't forget you can pull the rock out, hit it with a hammer and have a whole new look.

Spiro has my fav scapes, he did both of his with a hammer and a bottle!

Look through the scapes of all the featured aquariums. I love the ones with one large island on one side and a smaller island on the other. Less is more.

That seems great but I just can't get the island the way I like it.

I would have an idea but nothing concrete. Don't forget you can pull the rock out, hit it with a hammer and have a whole new look.

Spiro has my fav scapes, he did both of his with a hammer and a bottle!

and a bottle? I remember someone mentioning his name but I just forgot it

I'm just going to give it another go tomorrow

It's one of the great mystery of the RSM...

I stand by my personal theory it is key to regulating the levels between the DT and filtration. I know plenty that run without it. I run it, use it in different ways, love the surface skim, but is mildly in my way.

It's one of the great mystery of the RSM...

I stand by my personal theory it is key to regulating the levels between the DT and filtration. I know plenty that run without it. I run it, use it in different ways, love the surface skim, but is mildly in my way.

Yeah, I'll see

You are too young to drink! But for sure you can get creative...... It is really easy and fun to make your own aquascape. Once you glue/putty everything together it will never fall apart or get knocked over.

20121226_180403_zps3c7c26c7.jpg

20121226_190622_zpsf0e7f20f.jpg

If you ever decide to make your filtration much better.....like adding the 9002 skimmer and media rack.....I have a use Stevie rack I could give you.

You are too young to drink! But for sure you can get creative...... It is really easy and fun to make your own aquascape. Once you glue/putty everything together it will never fall apart or get knocked over.

20121226_180403_zps3c7c26c7.jpg

20121226_190622_zpsf0e7f20f.jpg

If you ever decide to make your filtration much better.....like adding the 9002 skimmer and media rack.....I have a use Stevie rack I could give you.

I'm excited to get my scape in order. My LFS has given me some inspiration as well. And I saved some small pieces of rock to put glue on and hold the scape together. That is very kind of you to offer the media rack. And are those rods in the rock or is that ust in the background, I can't tell. :P

And btw I love your montis especially the sunset!

Did Steve change the media basket so it works with the stock skimmer? OP said no mods and appears to be on a bit of a budget. That said if it has changed I am getting one ASAP. Had it in my Aquapod and loved it.

Nope, and never will. A media basket above the stock skimmer will block flow and starve the rear chambers.

I'm excited to get my scape in order. My LFS has given me some inspiration as well. And I saved some small pieces of rock to put glue on and hold the scape together. That is very kind of you to offer the media rack. And are those rods in the rock or is that ust in the background, I can't tell. :P

Those are plactic chop sticks....they work great!!!!! :)

And btw I love your montis especially the sunset!

Archived