Top Shelf Aquatics

Black and regular Ocellaris?

supermarvin76

supermarvin76

Hello!

Would it be ok to pair / put in my tank at the same time a "regular" Ocellaris and a Black Ocellaris?

Thanks!

supermarvin76

Sweet beans. Thanks. Now I just gotta have my overly indecisive self decide...

PS- just peaked at your tank; that's a sweet Monti you have there!

Sweet beans. Thanks. Now I just gotta have my overly indecisive self decide...

PS- just peaked at your tank; that's a sweet Monti you have there!

Thanks!

As Chad said, it will be no problem. I actually have a pair of a regular orange ocellaris and and a black and white ocellaris myself.

My tank is a 24 gal JBJ and I have a Blacker Ice Occy and a regular Occy. I introduced them at the same time and they were instantly bonded.

post-78482-0-49620900-1365269805_thumb.jpg

supermarvin76

I've got them chillin in the QT right now.

I've never really run a QT before. It's a 10 gallon with a heater and an AC70 running only carbon and the filter pad. No bio media. I was thinking about doing 1 gallon (10%) daily water changes to try to keep things in check.

Whatcha think?

Frequent water changes work but can be a hassle, try dosing something like seachem stability. Also an "ammonia alert" badge is a very handy tool. I think brs and marinedepot sell both items.

supermarvin76

Thanks. I was thinking about just using an upside down 1 gallon water jug with the bottom cut off so it has a built-in handle. That along with a pre mixed and warmed 5 gallon bucket keeps me good through the week.

I will for sure check out those ammonia badges though. Do they really work, or are ey gimmicky?

supermarvin76

I'm about to hit the sack. These guys are relaxing the the QT in the basement. There is no light on the tank, but I do have the corner light on in the room. It is pitch black down there with no light on. Should I leave the light on through the night, or turn it off?

I'd leave some kind of night light on, just so they don't bang into the wall or accidently jump out. Right or wrong I don't know, just what I'd do.

Archived