SaltCritters.com

My Red Dragon has grown up....

basser1

I got this frag back in July of 2011:

019bg.jpg

And now here it is today. This has white polyps and the growth is a very delicate pattern

reddragon002.jpg

What is the green sps to the left (bottom one)? Does it have like single string polyps? Looks like I have the same thing and not sure what it is.

What is the green sps to the left (bottom one)? Does it have like single string polyps? Looks like I have the same thing and not sure what it is.

If you mean the green with red polyp acro behind it, it is a red planet. This particular acro is encrusting more than growing branches. The coral that is in the extreme bottom left, it is my duncan. It is the size of a softball. I need to post a FTS soon.

take notes kids. this is what nano-box can do for you.

and well be as smart as basser

BOOM!

Basser - Looking incredible! We need a FTS.

-Dave

Yes it is Dave's LED 13 up. I had him do a retro-fit for me and I couldn't be happier with it. The growth rate of my acros has been amazing. I'll see what I can do to get a FTS soon.

Looks like it's time for you to send me a frag. ;)

I would really like to get the N-R gang here some frags if only I knew how to ship corals.

I got this frag back in July of 2011:

019bg.jpg

And now here it is today. This has white polyps and the growth is a very delicate pattern

reddragon002.jpg

Yep the old timer has skills.
Seamonkey84

That is outstanding! I hope mine will grow that fast, so far my blue Cali has been my fastest growing Acro. My lite frag had a rough start, a little rtn and bleaching after being dipped in coral revive. Now its in the shade at the bottom of my tank and has full color, but its just two little branches that survived and now growing as two separate frags. I'm tempted to break at the dead base and reglue.

SouthFlorida_Tron

damn great growth shot! thats incredible... hopefully some of my colonies double in similar size now that my doser is keeping an even more stable reef than i ever could. i can only pray...

damn great growth shot! thats incredible... hopefully some of my colonies double in similar size now that my doser is keeping an even more stable reef than i ever could. i can only pray...

I have confidence you'll get there.......

Does anyone here know where I can pick up a frag of this coral?

I have got some inquiries about frags. While I have no experience in shipping corals I will let you know where I got mine from. I bought it from a well respected and well known hobbyist on Reef Central. His name is John Coppolino (Copps on R-C), and here is an older for sale thread. He was selling 1" frags for around $60 (BTW, I paid around $100 for mine). I have bought several pieces from him and all are doing terrific for me. Shoot him a PM and tell him basser1 sent you. Great guy to deal with.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2229087&highlight=copps

Yep the old timer has skills.

Thanks Brad, Are you in to SPS????

Archived