SaltCritters.com

Automatic glass cleaner....

Deckoz2302

I must be the only one who hates cleaning glass lol. So here is my idea...someone make it lol

We have automatic vacuums for pools....

We have automatic vacuums for carpets...

We have automatic floor scrubbers/mops...

We have automatic lawn mowers....

Half of the world is ####ing automatic...

Why can't I have a little robot that makes its rounds on my glass every day so that everything in my tank will be automatic except fillung up dosing jugs/ato, feeding, and cleaning the skimmer cup....

Sure would be nice...I can dream huh

I don't think it's cost efficient. I'd rather clean it myself then drop more than $300 dollars. That's a lot of money. Gotta wait for technology to be more efficient/cheaper.

I don't think it's cost efficient. I'd rather clean it myself then drop more than $300 dollars. That's a lot of money. Gotta wait for technology to be more efficient/cheaper.

Money and reefing have never been an issue for me as they are one in the same. Also if you've seen my tanks you'll realize im all about nice equipment that is automated...so I can spend more time enjoying then working. No one likes a hobby to become work lol

Sooooo gonna buy one...after I confirm that it can detect sand lol

Money and reefing have never been an issue for me as they are one in the same. Also if you've seen my tanks you'll realize im all about nice equipment that is automated...so I can spend more time enjoying then working. No one likes a hobby to become work lol Sooooo gonna buy one...after I confirm that it can detect sand lol

Make sure it can turn corners to do the sides.

Isn't that what the wife and kids are for?

A tank relieves stress caused by the wife and kids. Never mix the two. :lol:

Make sure it can turn corners to do the sides.

A tank relieves stress caused by the wife and kids. Never mix the two. :lol:

Lol both are great lol

It looks pretty massive. I don't think it's practical for most nanos.

New tank not so nano :]

Lol both are great lol

New tank not so nano :]

What is the size of the new tank? I was looking into that for my 375 gallon but it takes alot of room then iT cant turn corners and you have to clean it and then it takes for ever to do a front panel 8 feet long then sides then back ... Not worh the headache..

If I wanted headaches I would get married instead and have a few kids.

here fishy fishy

Yea...until you ban them from cleaning the glass because they are negligent and rubbed the mag float around with sand stuck in it...lol

You sir deserve a high five of epic proportions

Hee-ROOOO

If you get one let me know how it works. I think they look awesome.

I got to see it in action at MACNA 2012. It is cool. Not useful yet in nano aquariums but they will have a sized down model in time permitting they can reinvest profits into the company. It does the front of the glass for now. In the future I'm sure it will do more. It does avoid the sand.

What is the size of the new tank? I was looking into that for my 375 gallon but it takes alot of room then iT cant turn corners and you have to clean it and then it takes for ever to do a front panel 8 feet long then sides then back ... Not worh the headache..

If I wanted headaches I would get married instead and have a few kids.

I spoke to the guy over the phone a minute ago they are working on one that can turn corners. My tank is 80 48x24x16. But in reality I have been buying equipment for it that I can use on my 160 cube that I had built last year whwn we built a house that we didnt follow through with. My 160 is 48x48x16 and is a complete walk around with center glass tube overflows so the idea would definitely be necessary to turn corners because I surely dont want to clean 24 sqft of glass daily lol

Hee-ROOOO

If you get one let me know how it works. I think they look awesome.

I will

This is just to freakin cool

I spoke to the guy over the phone a minute ago they are working on one that can turn corners. My tank is 80 48x24x16. But in reality I have been buying equipment for it that I can use on my 160 cube that I had built last year whwn we built a house that we didnt follow through with. My 160 is 48x48x16 and is a complete walk around with center glass tube overflows so the idea would definitely be necessary to turn corners because I surely dont want to clean 24 sqft of glass daily lol

I will Sounds like a cool tank I have a 200 cube myself not yet setup but in a few months it will be inside its corner wall.

This is just to freakin cool

gearedforacure

Your original post reminded me of Lewis Black talking about losing the Ozone layer. I cant find the video clip, but if you have heard him, im sure you can hear it.

"They say we dont have seasons anymore because we lost the Ozone....Well....why dont we put it on a milk carton and FIND IT! We have men, we have rockets, we have Saran Wrap...FIX IT!"

I got to see it in action at MACNA 2012. It is cool. Not useful yet in nano aquariums but they will have a sized down model in time permitting they can reinvest profits into the company. It does the front of the glass for now. In the future I'm sure it will do more. It does avoid the sand.

Hey StevieT! You're crafty . . . how about whipping up one of these, but basically the size of a Nano Mag! :) W-

Your original post reminded me of Lewis Black talking about losing the Ozone layer. I cant find the video clip, but if you have heard him, im sure you can hear it.

"They say we dont have seasons anymore because we lost the Ozone....Well....why dont we put it on a milk carton and FIND IT! We have men, we have rockets, we have Saran Wrap...FIX IT!"

Haha hell yea....he's one of my favorite comedians

manual cleaning is fine, automatic glass cleaners would just add to the number of disasters that can occur with a saltwater tank.

Maybe on a nano...try slaving away at glass for hours with a scraper... >.

Archived