SaltCritters.com

Hexadron's Nitoralis [Retired]

Hexadron

jedimasterben

I would double or triple your feeding regime until corals start to improve, otherwise they'll continue to starve.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats not a sponge its a yellow tunicate. Thank god you picked up some rock, it will lead to a much healthier system man.

Awesome :D Ya I'm glad I decided to get some after all. I think next time I may get a bit of live sand as well.

I've heard good things about fauna marin but have yet to try them myself. Maybe once my coral foods finish. For now I feed about 15-20 kinds of foods.

Naw It's a sponge, I have those and I thought they were tunicates too but they aren't.

I'm really excited to try all their products. I have nearly every type of food they offer for fish now :lol: I may also be trying out their Balling Light method for dosing later on when funds allow for it to fully prepare myself for SPS. I know what you mean about different foods haha. I have probably about 10 currently with one fish :blink: Yeahhh, he's gonna be a fat fish i'm sure :lol:

I would double or triple your feeding regime until corals start to improve, otherwise they'll continue to starve.

Thanks Ben. I agree. I am planning to feed a lot more not just for the corals, but for the tank inhabitants and micro fauna to flourish. There hasn't been any change in the corals though. I am still going to wait the three additional weeks and if there are no changes, I will be getting rid of them.

Even without full Zeo, I see I can easily do an ULNS, but I don't think it's the best for this tank right now.

jedimasterben

I know that ULNS works, and works very well (I've done it), but it is not something for young tanks IMHO.

Deckoz2302
I know that ULNS works, and works very well (I've done it), but it is not something for young tanks IMHO.

Not got for young tanks or young reefers. No offense to anyone. Just ulns can cause changes very fast that an inexperienced reefer may not have the knowledge of how to react as well as the tank will easily swing multiple parameters if the reefer acts to fast.

Well looks like you've taken this setback as a learning experience, nice additions! I'm taking my sps stocking extremely slow.. Only 3 pieces at the moment and all are the easier to care for species.

Thanks Tristan :) It's tough to still see them in the tank in the state they're in, but I figure I would be even more devastated if there was a chance of survival, and I got rid of them before recovery. Unfortunately my hope is running thin, but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night unless i knew I gave it 110%

I'm not sure what coral I will purchase next, but whatever it is, I will take it slow as well.

You still looking at add a TSB to your system?

Thanks Tristan :) It's tough to still see them in the tank in the state they're in, but I figure I would be even more devastated if there was a chance of survival, and I got rid of them before recovery. Unfortunately my hope is running thin, but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night unless i knew I gave it 110%

I'm not sure what coral I will purchase next, but whatever it is, I will take it slow as well.

I hear yah man, I lost the first 4 frags in my last system early on, was a bummer to say the least. I am looking to add the tsb still, just a matter of finding one as i don't want to have him shipped. Im also really getting the itch to add some more sps but im not sure what I want to get next, I was thinking a blue cali tort for starters.

I hear yah man, I lost the first 4 frags in my last system early on, was a bummer to say the least. I am looking to add the tsb still, just a matter of finding one as i don't want to have him shipped. Im also really getting the itch to add some more sps but im not sure what I want to get next, I was thinking a blue cali tort for starters.

I had to get my LFS to hold it for me the day it came in! They only got one, and that's the first one in about 2 months!

Get some nice zoas or acans. Or a wellso

I just need to find some Zoa's that jump out at me!

Huge zoa fan here, not sure JDH feels the same way though.

I like Zoas. I'm just super picky with all corals. :lol: I'm particularly fond of Blue, Purple and Pink - which seem to be hard to find on Zoas (from what I have seen anyways)

Red_Blenny

I have a frag that RTN all the way and but I didn't toss it because when the tank was dark, I took a flashlight and I shined it on the 'dead' frag... It revealed a tiny brown zooxanthellae polyp among the algae-colored skeleton and I kept it. It's a tiny thing, but it grew a tiny bit.

Meet Jacques.

59wmxk.jpg

Just can't get a decent shot of my fire/blood shrimp, almost never comes out of his cave, you got a good one there Jordon.

Christine

I have a frag that RTN all the way and but I didn't toss it because when the tank was dark, I took a flashlight and I shined it on the 'dead' frag... It revealed a tiny brown zooxanthellae polyp among the algae-colored skeleton and I kept it. It's a tiny thing, but it grew a tiny bit.

I'm still giving it time, and maintaining my feedings targeted for the corals as well. :) Let's hope i have the same 'luck' :P

Just can't get a decent shot of my fire/blood shrimp, almost never comes out of his cave, you got a good one there Jordon.

Christine

Thanks :) This guy is tough to get as well. He came out twice today. Second time, I had my camera ready :lol:

Always wanted a fire shrimp. I may just get my wish soon. I have noticed my peppermint nipping at my duncan and hammer.

Any new full desk/room shots? Still curious about the surrounding's given the awesomeness of the tank.

Love it!

Had one of those fire shrimp, he/she was my pride and joy.

I was seriously torn between a Skunk Cleaner or the Blood/Fire Red. i was just worried that the Blood/Fire Red would be too cryptic, but he does pop out every now and then. I think everyone I added to my tank (minus the hermits) are still checking things out. Either way, he's pretty bad-ass looking.

Always wanted a fire shrimp. I may just get my wish soon. I have noticed my peppermint nipping at my duncan and hammer.

Any new full desk/room shots? Still curious about the surrounding's given the awesomeness of the tank.

Oh no! I guess each shrimp is different.

I posted some here and to be honest, nothing has changed since then (except the inhabitants now!) pretty plain/simple, but it keeps me focused. :)

I posted some here and to be honest, nothing has changed since then (except the inhabitants now!) pretty plain/simple, but it keeps me focused. :)

Drooling over those is what prompted me to ask for more! Swing that camera around. I'm sure you can catch a tank reflection or something to make it pertinent to the thread.

Drooling over those is what prompted me to ask for more! Swing that camera around. I'm sure you can catch a tank reflection or something to make it pertinent to the thread.

It would probably look the same! :P I'll see what I can do about an updated FTS though ;)

I still think you need a pair of tangs in there.

I know right?! :lol: Okay well nothing crazy stocking-wise, but slow and steady wins the race, right?

So i'm fairly certain two of my hermits mated today! They had their shells together, and I figured they were fighting for one, and likely one was going to die. I split them up this morning when I saw it, but they were like that again right as I was going to work, so I figured 'Let nature take it's course...'

Well all hermits are alive and well and in the area they had their lockdown there is some definite 'stringy bits' which i can only assume are eggs.

Not 100% as there doesn't seem to be much info, but anything breeding is good! They must feel comfortable :D

Archived