Coral Vue Hydros

Carter's 6g Fluval Edge!

CarterNichols

CarterNichols

So after a long time out of the hobby I have finally settled down in one place for the forseeable future and naturally a reef tank was the first addition to the new home!

I decided to do a small and clean 6g Fluval Edge. Planning on keeping things nice and simple with this tank, avoiding the numerous mistakes I have made with tanks in the past.

FTS (2/26/13):

Yl98YZJ.jpg

Current Equipment:

• 6g Fluval Edge
  • Aqua Clear 20 (stock filter w/ media removed & Chemi-Pure added)
  • Tetra 15w Heater
  • Coral Life Digital Thermomemter
  • 5lbs Fiji LR

Current Livestock:

• 2 ORA Ocellaris Clownfish
  • 2 Red leg reef hermits
  • 1 Peppermint Shrimp
  • 1 Red Banded Trochus snail (Death by Polyclad Flatworm!)
  • Hitchhikers!

ONUL2tO.jpg

CarterNichols

Redid the rock formation and removed a piece that was crowding the tank. Lots of surface for coral placement now :wub:

Yl98YZJ.jpg

A few of these little guys came on one of the rocks. Anyone know what they may be?

MelB5pu.jpg

CarterNichols

The anemones above have been identified as "Ball Anemones". They can grow quite large so I may be removing them soon for fear of them grabbing inverts in such a small tank.

CarterNichols

I love the way your rock looks , specialy on the right rear corner.

Thanks I redid the formation way too many times but I am really please with where it is now.

CarterNichols

It looks super bright in all edges . Are you running a Ai light in the stock hood?

The pictures above are with the stock LEDs. My AI nano is in the mail, but yes I will be running it in the stock hood.

It fits perfectly in the stock hood. Many have done it!

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/303188-fluval-12-gallon-ai-nano-super-blue-led-upgrade/'>http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/303188-fluval-12-gallon-ai-nano-super-blue-led-upgrade/

It doesn't come with the controller but I purchased one.

Nice!! What did that little beast set you back with controller?

Did you see the video IIX posted of some crazy having more money then he knew what to do with.

CarterNichols

Nice!! What did that little beast set you back with controller? Did you see the video IIX posted of some crazy having more money then he knew what to do with.

I bought it used with the controller (wired) for 240. I have not seen that video.

CarterNichols

Thats a good price. Do you know when your light will arrive?

Next Tuesday according to Fedex tracking.

Welcome back to the hobby! What are your stocking plans for this tank?

Two Occ. Clowns, Skunk Cleaner, CuC, and Coral (don't know what kind yet).

CarterNichols

Are you a big fan of sps?

I like them, but I prefer rics, candycane, and frogspawn/hammer. I just hope the light doesn't fry the softer corals, though I suppose it is dimmable.

CarterNichols

Not much has changed but I did receive my Nimble Nano from StevieT at inTank! Truthfully I was more stoked about the goodies than the mag cleaner :lol:

rQg2vPy.jpg?1

CarterNichols

Anyone know what the little yellow and green thing could be? Came off a rock surrounded by a colony similar little creatures.

DHHOjLi.jpg

CarterNichols

I really like the scape you created.

RE: The yellow and green thing, my guess is some sort of zoa?

Thanks! I only changed it about a dozen times. The opening in the tank makes it impossible to build on the outside unfortunately. I wish I could get to the little thing and prop it up in a hole on a rock, it does look like some sort of coral.

Archived