Coral Vue Hydros

LA Reef Review...Customer Service Fail!

SerenityReef

I placed an order over the holidays from LA Reef for two macros. After what seemed to be bad shipping during the holidays my package arrived after 7 days and I was only able to save one. Believing it was a shipping error over the busy holidays I blamed myself and didn't bother to make and issue over it.

I placed a second order a few weeks later to replace the lost macro and one that was back in stock. Package arrived in 4 days this time...but was destroyed. One macro wasn't even in the box!

post-74111-0-67475700-1359166764_thumb.jpg

I've reached out to LA reef several times and receive no response.

In the end I'm torn...the macro was only $5 or $6, but I have now paid for two, received none, and it has been removed from their site.

So financial lost I understand is small, but from a customer service perspective I'm not sure I want to do business again.

• Like 1

If that is how the package arrived that is on USPS. BUT I wouldn't ship a macro in that small of a box anyways. So fail on them.

I placed an order over the holidays from LA Reef for two macros. After what seemed to be bad shipping during the holidays my package arrived after 7 days and I was only able to save one. Believing it was a shipping error over the busy holidays I blamed myself and didn't bother to make and issue over it.

I placed a second order a few weeks later to replace the lost macro and one that was back in stock. Package arrived in 4 days this time...but was destroyed. One macro wasn't even in the box!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I've reached out to LA reef several times and receive no response.

In the end I'm torn...the macro was only $5 or $6, but I have now paid for two, received none, and it has been removed from their site.

So financial lost I understand is small, but from a customer service perspective I'm not sure I want to do business again.

+1 on the customer service fail, I've emailed them about some stuff I wanted to buy from them( aka basically hand over copious amounts of money) and no replied emails... I guess they dont like money?

I just checked there ebay page and no BTA's for sale. I have received macro algae in a envelope before with no problems. I am very surprised you are having a problem with them. Must be a off week. I would call them up something is weird.

Deleted User 4

Weird, I'm on the same boat with lawnman. I've purchased 30+ corals/inverts/macro from them in the past. All arrived in a day and all healthy and pictured exactly wysiwyg. Did you order from them on ebay or on their site?

I've only ordered from them on ebay. And on ebay you can leave negative/neutral feedbacks lowering their overall rating so they normally don't screw you over on ebay I suppose.

I would call and email them and make sure they know what happened, and you're not a satisfied customer. If they don't answer the phone or reply to an email within 24 hours, be sure and leave a message and tell them you're writing a review to post on all of the aquarium forums you belong to and would like to include their response in it, so they need get back to you asap.

Archived