inTank Media Baskets

GTI's 55 Gallon Rimless - Retired

GTi

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That gorg and setosa are from the freaking future!

My thoughts exactly! :lol:

I'm not sure I know what you two are talking about either!

Anyway I have a few more growth comparison photos and will post those shortly.

The Solar Zoa freebie frag is opening up - look like there are 2 types of zoa on here:

http://s867.photobucket.com/user/markpr/media/photo_zpsbf7e776d.jpg.html'>photo_zpsbf7e776d.jpg

More growth comparisons:

Hollywood Stunner:

September 2012:

IMG-20120902-00051_zps86f0af98.jpg

August 2013:

photo4_zps0f9d05b9.jpg

Tyree Toadstool:

December 2011:

2011_12_09_0222_zps94dc42f7.jpg

August 2013:

photo3_zps7ae227c9.jpg

Duncans:

December 2011:

2011_12_09_0221_zps97ebf9cb.jpg

August 2013:

photo2_zps4ec5ee4b.jpg

Red People Eaters:

June 2012:

IMG-20120623-00172-1_zps14ad66ac.jpg

August 2013:

photo1_zpsb882d575.jpg

Candy Cane:

November 2012:

IMG-20121125-00029_zps0902ab6e.jpg

August 2013:

photo2_zps1dbb634c.jpg

ihatesears18

I'm not sure I know what you two are talking about either!

Anyway I have a few more growth comparison photos and will post those shortly.

You put November 13 on them, which is in the future.

You put November 13 on them, which is in the future.

Ah! I thought it was another one of those hip sayings that I didn't understand. Must be tired...

I'll fix it now.

ihatesears18

Ah! I thought it was another one of those hip sayings that I didn't understand. Must be tired...

I'll fix it now.

Get some sleep!

I have a 10 gallon tank cleaned and ready for the clown fry. There's a new batch of rotifers growing and the heater has been adjusted. I still have to tape off the light on the heater.

I'm going to have to remove them from the DT once they have hatched but will see if I can get away with scooping them in to a bowl instead of siphoning. If I have to siphon, I will use the minimum drop I can and make sure the lower end of the hose is underwater to make the capture as gentle as possible.

This time around I will provide more light to make sure the fry can find the rotifers and also increase the rotifer density in the fry tank. Pickles also suggested dripping in some fresh saltwater to add to the water from the parents' tank.

I'm not sure why the last batch all died but hopefully these small changes will make a big difference.

Hatching is likely to be tonight or tomorrow night.

I missed it: where are the parents placing the eggs?

On the anemone rock in the display tank. I tried putting a tile next to it and they ignored it!

Just checked - I'm seeing the first few fry! Trying a glass bowl to collect them.

(Edit to keep information on hand: This is day 8 after the eggs were laid)

Good luck!!

Thanks! It's going slowly! Only about 6 or so seem to have hatched but I have got them in to the fry tank. I'm going to try shutting off the 'lure' light for a bit to see if that helps.

I caught 60 or so fry using a bowl and transferred them to their separate tank, added some phyto and rotifers. It looked like they were eating but it's really hard to tell. Fingers crossed! fingerscrossed

I caught 60 or so fry using a bowl and transferred them to their separate tank, added some phyto and rotifers. It looked like they were eating but it's really hard to tell. Fingers crossed! fingerscrossed

Good luck on this batch! Amazing that even attempting it!

Those coral growth shots were impressive. Your doing alot good thing in here!

Good luck on this batch! Amazing that even attempting it!

Those coral growth shots were impressive. Your doing alot good thing in here!

Thanks Zia!

I checked on the little guys this morning and they were all still swimming. I added some more rotifers and it looked like they were chasing and eating them but it's really hard to see because they are so small. This time I am using a small fluorescent aquarium fixture over the tank and providing a lot more light than before. I had read that too much light would kill them from shock but I think perhaps they didn't have enough to illuminate their prey sufficiently for them to find it.

I think I must have the right corals that take care of themselves!

Nice! Just an observation: for the first few days, the water should stay tinted green with phyto. Not only does it keep the rots loaded, but it limits the fry's vision so they can see the rots easier! :)

After a few days though the fry are strong and feisty enough not to need the help and usually devour the rots within minutes.

Nice! Just an observation: for the first few days, the water should stay tinted green with phyto. Not only does it keep the rots loaded, but it limits the fry's vision so they can see the rots easier! :)

After a few days though the fry are strong and feisty enough not to need the help and usually devour the rots within minutes.

Will do - thanks!

Wow look at all those behbe clowns in the making! Dude keep it going man, exciting stuff!

Thanks! I took a brief video (sorry about the video orientation):

So cute! And eating well from the looks of it. :wub:

I think they are eating. This was taken before I added more phyto to the water. Now the rotifers stand out even more!

Yup, they are eating. When you see them curl their tail and lunge forward, they are attacking a rot!

Awesome (unless you're the rot)!

I'm amazed by how different they all look. Some seem to have well defined tails and others just look blobby. Some definitely seem more developed and stronger than the others. There were a few unhatched eggs on the rock which look they will hatch tonight.

Wow, good progress on them. Keep it up!

Thanks!

Archived