Innovative Marine Aquariums

TighTT's ADA 60-f project.....

TighTT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some fresh full tank shots.

I got rid of the ADA skeleton stand in favor of an ebony colored wooden ADA stand. I also added the same light tree I use on my ELOS tank (from CADlights). All in all a much more refined setup. Also the Mame design overflow, skimmer, and ATO should be here early next week. More pics soon.

IMG_3847-vi.jpg

IMG_3848-vi.jpg

IMG_3841-vi.jpg

IMG_3845-vi.jpg

looks very clean n awsome

Thanks!

Looks fantastic tigh!Im bummed the overflows arent going to be ready until first week of october.

Same here. I have a buddy overseas who might be grabbing one for me. We'll see.

d'oh man that looks good!i gotta get me some better filtration cuz you make my tank look retarded.

Thanks. This Eheim filter keeps everything crystal clear.

looks good!

=)

T5 FTW!@! omgomgomg

Nice build :)

Thanks. Im not gonna lie...these T5's are killin' it!

:bowdown:

=)

is it really that purple?

No.

Getting the white balance perfect is quite a task without photoshopping the crap outa the pics. Its not TOO far off though. In person...it looks quite stunning.

I really like the look of the caves on the left side there. All in all this tank is pretty sweet looking.

Needs more coral :P

You're right....but Im "breaking in" this tank slowly. Im keeping all my cherry pieces in my ELOS system 70 until the ADA is mature (and stable) enough to handle everything. Ahh....the wait.

Grrrr......had a little mishap over the weekend. Apparently the maintenance guy from my apartment association came to fix my AC. In the process...he left it off...as well as blew the circuit breaker for my apartment....leaving both my tanks without power for the weekend (I was away). So the temp in my apt probably was swinging from 80 degrees down to 60ish at night. My ADA tank didn't sustain TOO much damage...but I did loose a few hermits and my boxer shrimp.

On the bright side I received my order from Mame design (skimmer and ATO). I'll post some pics later of the goodies.

Grrrr......had a little mishap over the weekend. Apparently the maintenance guy from my apartment association came to fix my AC. In the process...he left it off...as well as blew the circuit breaker for my apartment....leaving both my tanks without power for the weekend (I was away). So the temp in my apt probably was swinging from 80 degrees down to 60ish at night. My ADA tank didn't sustain TOO much damage...but I did loose a few hermits and my boxer shrimp.

On the bright side I received my order from Mame design (skimmer and ATO). I'll post some pics later of the goodies.

U should tell them, the apartment complex should cover it. I know mine did when they did it to me.

U should tell them, the apartment complex should cover it. I know mine did when they did it to me.

Problem is there is a limit as to the size/capacity of tank you're allowed to have here. 10 gallon max. Thats fine for my ADA....but not for my system 70. I'd rather just fly under the radar on this one. Lesson learned....don't let them in my place without me being present.

• 3 months later...

I havent updated in a while but the tank is going great. I added some more livestock to the tank and just a few days ago picked up a Fluval G3 filter system. pics to come.....

• 1 month later...
I was wondering what happened to you...Those are some really nice shots. How do you like the mame skimmer?

Yea Im stick kickin....just been working like mad.

Thanks for the compliment on the pics...I still need to sharpen my skills with my still images. As for the skimmer...I love it. That and the Mame top-off are my two favorite additions to my tank.

-A

Looks great!! Is the MAME top off still just a float switch or is there something special to it?

Thanks! It runs off a float switch integrated into a glass enclosure. Its the most aesthetically pleasing ATO unit i've seen for nano tanks without a sump,

Oho! What's this I see? Another shallow tank with beautiful pics? Totally going to be following this one.

Oh, and could you help a newbie out? Is this a Dendrophyllia? Or is it a Balanophyllia? Either way, it's gorgeous.

IMG_4614-vi.jpg

Archived