Pod Your Reef

16G Reef

khoang

nice tank...would you add some specs as to lighting and filtration? it is very full for only 2.5 months old. good job.

Holy smoke!!! wow that is one nice looking reef. It almost looks unreal. It looks like something you find in books. Nice colors.

Do you use  protein skimmer? more specs would be nice.

The spec. on this Nano tank are:

Lighting: Customer Sealife 2 x36 Watt Power Compact Smart Bulb 10000K and 6500K

Filtration: Live Sand (10 Lb.), Live Rock (20Lb.), Eheim 2227 Wet/Dry, CPR Bakpak 2, Built in Wet/Dry with RIO 50 pump

Water Movement: RIO 600 Powerhead (adjustable flow)

Fish: 1 Maroon clown, 2 Purple firefish, 1 Pygmy Angel

Corals: What I can remember... Long Tentacle Plate, Pipe Organ, Metalic Hairy Mushroom, Xenia (multiple strains), Zooanthid Polyps, Gorgonian, Colt coral, Metallic frogspawn, Toadstool, Anthalia, Orange and Yellow Carnation

Critters: 4 Astral Snails, 4 Red Leg Hermits, 2 Red Starfish, 1 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Crocea clam, 1

16 Gallon US Aquarium Nano

Wow!  That tank makes mine look like a$$ at 6 months.  Did you just go on a coral buying spree or did you have a bigger tank?  Is this your first tank?

good job

My Alife 7

Wow... you must have a whole lot of moolah to be able to set up a tank like that in only 2.5 months... Very nice, I'm jealous!

The orange coral in the lower-right corner, is that a sun coral (tube coral, sun polyp, etc.)?

It's gorgeous.  Could you share a little more about your experiences with it?  I have a depressed pink/yellow one that is being highly finicky about coming out.

WOW!

Thats a very nice tank. I sure hope mine's like that at 2 1/2 months. :)

NanoReefer53: He said it was a Crocea clam not a maxima, which should be ok?

that tank will probably make some dye hard anti-skimmer folks on this board shake there heads in shame. lol, just kidding

very nice looknig tank but with so many corals so close together, i would be very consernd about aggression, adn that your frogspawn can sting the $hit out of  most of the corals in there. Just a though and perhaps something to watch for.

Yes thanks, as soon as they grow, I either move them to another tank or have to re-arrange them.  The frogspawn and the torch or the most aggressive.  

Quote: from Mr Spam on 10:13 pm on May 30, 2002[br]very nice looknig tank but with so many corals so close together, i would be very consernd about aggression, adn that your frogspawn can sting the $hit out of  most of the corals in there. Just a though and perhaps something to watch for.

No, this is not my first tank.  I've been moving stuff from another tank as well as scouring the LA and Bay Area for nice frags that would fit.

Quote: from Korbin on 11:04 am on May 30, 2002[br]Wow!  That tank makes mine look like a$$ at 6 months.  Did you just go on a coral buying spree or did you have a bigger tank?  Is this your first tank?

good job

It's a sun coral frag that i picked up for $10 bucks.  They're starting to do real well.  They usually only come out at night but i've been able to get them to come out during the day as well as respond to live brine shrimp.  Try feeding them directly.

Quote: from MKramer on 1:30 pm on May 30, 2002[br]The orange coral in the lower-right corner, is that a sun coral (tube coral, sun polyp, etc.)?

It's gorgeous.  Could you share a little more about your experiences with it?  I have a depressed pink/yellow one that is being highly finicky about coming out.

I think it's about $600 in corals.

Quote: from NanoReefer53 on 11:02 pm on May 30, 2002[br]just wondering, how much did you spend on corals within the past 2 months ?

OoOooOoooOooooo.  looks good.  thats worth about 3x as much as my tank, but with the lfs prices i'm not surprised

man that tank is awesome.  i could only dream to have a tank like that.  what are you dosing and how much?  i really like you aquascaping too.  share the wealth,  what is your maintenance schedule? good job

Archived