Pod Your Reef

Spawning feather duster?

SplendidWarrior

SplendidWarrior

My feather duster had just spewed 6 - 7 streams of white particles out of from its crown and it has clouded my 4 gallon totally. :angry:

On closer look these are very tiny white particles and they are apparently quite tasty cos 2 of my fishes were catching the streams when they come out. One of my hitch hiker tube anemone also seems to enjoy them.

What's my feather duster doing? Was it spawning or just plain crapping? :o

Keng Yew, Leong

I dont know about spawning but from what I see from my featherdusters,their crap is a long brownish yellowish strand.So I doubt thats crap.Hope I helped..

SplendidWarrior

These are not the long brown strands you're talking about. They are gushes of liquid and tiny white particles that clouded the tank after that. Anybody else.....?

Bucket o Chum

Its a smoky white stream right? If it is then its spawn. So your duster didn't shed it crown? Some species do this in preparation for spawning for others the skin along its sides split releasing the eggs. X)

SplendidWarrior

Yeah, these are smoky white streams and they are apparently quite tasty for the fish as well cos all were waiting beside the duster. :P No side splits or shedding of crown whatsoever; just spewed the lot through its mouth. Thanks for clearing the smoke (pun intended) BoC. :D

Bucket o Chum

I don't mean the tube splitting, I mean the worm itself splits. Not the tube but the thing inside of it. :D

And ur little joke I don't get it. :

Archived