inTank Media Baskets

Blood Red Fire... Mantis?!

$aint

Just wondering if anyone has ever had any probs with their blood red fires'? My fire recently attacked and killed two of my dwarf hermits (one blue, one zebra), ambush style. And if that's not enough, it went after my teddy bear crab until it realized it was a little too big. If I had known this was going to happen, I just would've have gone with a Mantis, lol!

DementedLullaby
Just wondering if anyone has ever had any probs with their blood red fires'? My fire recently attacked and killed two of my dwarf hermits (one blue, one zebra), ambush style. And if that's not enough, it went after my teddy bear crab until it realized it was a little too big. If I had known this was going to happen, I just would've have gone with a Mantis, lol!

Mines a wimp. Not saying it's impossible though.

Update... I found out what he is doing... he waits for the smaller hermits to switch shells, then he pounces. Pretty weird, I've never heard/seen anything like it (with Fires). Maybe its a technique he picked up at the LFS... they had him and a few other Fires housed in the hermit tank (100+) with no cover or LR or anything. Probably explains the lack of timidness... as for the LFS's not knowing the ideal habitat of the species they stock... that's a whole different thread! B)

Archived