Top Shelf Aquatics

My 28 Gallon Bowfront

gabe3eb

Hey guys, here is my tank. I just moved my corals from my 10 into it yesterday. I have the refugium set up now as well. The pictures and lighting is a bit off and that is because it is 72 watts of pc, 3/4 of which is actinic. I am ordering a new 32 watt 10K bulb today though. Go check out http://community.webshots.com/album/39735316LmsrdY

for all of the pictures... Here is one to wet your appetite. Let me know what you guys think.

DSC01003.JPG

gaber

p.s. my peppermint has killed around 4 aptasia in less than 24 hours!

trailguide

nice looking tank.  i would paint the inside of your stand though. will make it easier to clean and the wood in better shape.

would like to know more about your set up.

Thanks guys, 53, there is a vertical gap running the entire length of the tank in the back of it that I ran the wires and tubes for the refugium through. Specs eh? ok,,, well:

~30+ lbs of Tonga branching LR

~35 lbs of seeded South Down

404 Micro Jet

150 Aqua Clear

1200 Mini-Jet

2x36 watts of pc lighting. 3/4 actinic right now. I am going to be ordering another daylight.

One of those kick ass submersible heaters that won't ever break

DIY hood

Um,,, haha what else do you want to know? I put a lot of caption into my webshot photo's they have all of the coral listed on them.

Trailguide - why would I paint the inside of my stand? I don't think I understand what you are saying... I also just realized that I posted the worst picture I took haha. Here is another one, enjoy,

gaberDSC01004.JPG

I am very very pleased with this size tank... I really don't like the pictures that I took, but hopefully with my new light, everything will work out a little bit better. I will keep you guys posted... Thanks,

Gaber

Well today I added a second peppermint and the first of my two false percs. The second peppermint was in my 25 gallon and I never saw him in there once, now that he is in my new tank with my good peppermint he has already started to come out and they were following each other around. Very kewl... I also added some of the kewlest snails I have ever seen today. 3 Nass., a Trocus, Astrea, Magarita, a Limpit, and some other unknown species. The limpit is awesome, I wil get a pic of him when I see him on the front glass again... As to what I am going to be adding... I am going to get some gorgonia, anthelia, a carnation, I want a plate coral, maybe an open brain... Those are probably the most immediate corals, I will also get a lettuce nudibranch, a tuxedo urchin, a linkia starfish, and some other goodies eventually, I am still debating on my fish selections, besides a pair of oscellaris, maybe some clown gobies andI would like a lawnmower blenny, but he will get kinda big, we will see, maybe a two spot or something else instead... I will keep you guys posted...

gaber

Haha, yes I know, but no one would have cared about it over on reefs.org or reefcentral.com Haha. The more I look at it, these pictures really really suck! Haha, I will admit it,,, as soon as I get that SuperNova, hopefully the lighting will be a little bit better. Since this is my biggest tank, I was gunna try to pull a Mr4000 and get my trunks on to go for a dip... hehe

gaber

Archived