inTank Media Baskets

Coldwater Anemone Care

irishtexan

The title says it all.

What temperature do they need the water to be at? Also, what are their lighting requirements?

I couldn't find alot of info on them.

Thanks!

texx

What kind of anemone? I used to have aggregating anemones from the oregon coast. They need to be fed every day, or at least every other day. I kept them at 60 degrees. thats pretty much it, they were very tough, pretty much impossible to kill. they are pretty low light too, but are photosynthetic. I kept mine under a 20 watt flouresceent light in a 10 gallon but I think they would have been happier with more.

All the info above is just my experience. I think Adin should be able to help you out a lot more than I can.

Though not an expert here, when I was in British Columbia this summer, the water temp was between 6 and 8 degrees. Found at more northern latitudes they would be adapted to less intense lighting than thier tropical counterparts. It's also always cloudy there and the water is not as clear. I would assume that this would mean that they have specific dietary requirements.

The Vancouver aquarium has some gorgeous specimens in their coldwater exhibits.

Ok. I was just wondering because I want to put one into my 2.5G. The temp ranges from about 74-75. I hope that is good.

Still need some more info.

texx

I Take Pictures
The temp ranges from about 74-75

Wow .....

Ummmmm, 74-75 in Oregon/Washington? Ummmmmmmmmmm, no....

Lol I dont know where you got that from but that was a bad thermometer!

Though not an expert here, when I was in British Columbia this summer, the water temp was between 6 and 8 degrees. Found at more northern latitudes they would be adapted to less intense lighting than thier tropical counterparts. It's also always cloudy there and the water is not as clear. I would assume that this would mean that they have specific dietary requirements.

The Vancouver aquarium has some gorgeous specimens in their coldwater exhibits.

WHOO! our temp in victoria is 50F.In and around oregon it all depends on currents.We have strong currents in juan de fuca and in gorgia strait.Where is youre anemoney from in Oregon?You could just go to a tidepool and test the temp.(low to mid tidel zones).Or look up the tides on the net!

IRONEY:I have lived in a boat off and on for almost all my life.But I cant swim. ;)

Archived