Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano or Fish Only

Mmorse

I am having a tough time deciding between a Nano-reef(15g long) or a large fish only tank! Nano are really cool but the kinds of fish I can put in them is limited. I like the look of nano's and all the rock put in them, but I dont want to spend all that money to fill a 75-100 gallon tank with rock. I see a lot of fish only tanks with boring aquascaping like a few rocks on the bottom and it dosent impress me all that much. There is nothing like watching fish swim in and out of rocks searching and playing. Any suggestions or ideas anyone has about this would help me out a lot. Thanx

FOWLR = boring

Nano with LR, LS, corals, molluscs, arthropods, bryzoans, tunicates, algas, sponges, echinoderms, and fish = pretty cool little dynamic community

I'll go with a disagreement there. While I prefer the reef look, I think a fowlr tank can be very entertaining. Up until recently, our office was a 180 gallon fowlr and it was tons of fun to watch. If you go with a good mix of entertaining fish, you can have a lot of enjoyment from a fish only.

That said, the reef is definitely more entertaining as you can have a wider variety of life in the tank and even more critters to entertain you.

How did you keep the computers and all dry in an office that was a fish tank Crakeur? And isnt that kinda small for several employees - 180 Gallons?

JK

Archived