SaltCritters.com

Our anemone

digitalbliss

digitalbliss

This is the anemone my wife brought home for us. She fell in love with it despite what I had told her about their history in in-home aquariums.

We're doing our best to make sure this guy lives as long and well as possible.

Picture_0231.jpg

Clownfishcrazy1117

Yeah, what do you mean? If you have a stable, mature tank anemones (excluding the Magnificent Anemone) can do great. Can I have your tank size, params, and age?

digitalbliss

I had actually posted in the Beginner's forum as I was planning on starting a cycle with a 20g this weekend, but with some luck my wife and I joined the cincinnati reefers club and someone who is an aquaintence of my wife's friend is getting rid of his collection of nanos as he's moving into a house soon and wants the extra space and money to start a larger centerpiece.

We got a 1 year old system, but not so much live rock for the it. My wife was the one that brought home the anemone, although I wasn't aware that there are anemones that have good track records in-home. I'll have to look more into that.

Anyway, I can get a new reading as per the params tomorrow if you'd like. And yes, it is a condy anemone.

I had a Condy Anemone a couple of years ago and it did great in my 20g tank. If you would have gotten a Ritteri or a carpet I would have said something else. Although I do believe an anemone requires a mature tank and prestine water. But since you have the creature already I say nurture it and see if you can make the best out of this. Good luck.

digitalbliss

So "mature" referring to how many years old here? I was under the impression that I was bringing a "mature" setup into my home with a 1 year old system. It wasn't torn down, we moved it in here as is.

This guy is being housed in a 20g aquarium.

I know in the description in the gallery under that pic we said we'd like to have more in the future, we're not meaning in the same aquarium. We want to do everything positive for this guy possible, he's probably one of our favorite living things ever kept.

Believe me, I've been researching for about 1 year before I even thought about beginning a salt water system and I thought I lucked out finding an established system at a cheap price.

DementedLullaby
So "mature" referring to how many years old here? I was under the impression that I was bringing a "mature" setup into my home with a 1 year old system. It wasn't torn down, we moved it in here as is.

By most peoples standards mature=6 months or more with proper mantinence and water params.

Archived