ReefCleaners.org

My Montipora Capricornus

SmartaZaWhiP

SmartaZaWhiP

Hey guys and gals,

I have a Montipora Capriconus/is? and every once in a while it seems to have a white spot on it. I feed it every other day, and it gets good lighting via PCompacts.

I dose with Kent's reactor (calcium) and keep the levels at 450mpm.

It's growing slowly, but I don't know what to expect from this coral. Does anyone have any experience with these guys?

Thanks in advance for the info!

I have a monti cap that was the size of a dime when I got it. The frag has grown to about the size of two half dollars and I broke the frag in half, moved one piece and a growing it shall go. The frags are both growing outward and upward. It was green with a purple rim but now it is mostly dark green with some orange tints on the polyps.

• 5 weeks later...

They grow slow, ~1-2cm per month around the edge, up to 1/2" per month per edge. The more edge they have the more they grow, ie exponential growth.

Speed depends on the light, all they need is lots of light and normal (above 300ca) ca/dkh, I try to keep my dkh between 8-10

I grew one from 1/2"x1/2" frag to the size of a basketball (had to break it to get it out of my 220g, also had some blueish grey monti cap that grew just as fast.

They are very sensitive to sand getting deposited on them, and water conditions, like most all SPS are, but are more forgiving than your typical acro.

Archived