Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sally Lightfoot Crab

Reefs1

Anyone out there have any experience with them?? I just got one for my newly set up reef and I am getting quite a kick out of it. Very industrious little critter. Do these fare well in the reef aquarium, are they aggressive? Any insight would be much appreciated. THX!:)

Bucket o Chum

A large slfc could be dangerous around fish in an aquarium but small ones are beneficial eating algae, detritis, and the occasional bristle worm.

coralreeferkim

Hi Reefs1 I have one in my 55g and heard they can be bad

after I bought it. I've had mine about 2 months and it

has REALLY grown! Alot. No problems with it so far though,

good luck to us both! (They are cool aren't they?)

Mine has grown alot in the past couple of months, but so far no problems. It does a great job of cleaning the rocks and substrate, but I toss it a sinking pellet a couple times a week to be sure it's getting enough to eat. Also dose with iodine.

Thank guys!!! Yeah it is a really neat little creature, very industrious, always on the move..I am glad to hear they grow well in the tanks too. I don't have fish in there yet so I have not seen any aggression from the little fella. If anything, she's been pretty reclusive, only showing herself from time to time when it is quiet. I will have mated Maroon Clowns in there anyway so I think they will be able to fend for themselves farely well.

Archived