Top Shelf Aquatics

my 5 gallon at 8 months

mxpro32

quiksilver5768

Nice tank! Is that the top fin 5 gal flatback hex tank from petsmart? I bought one for my reufgium. They are pretty nice and never really thought of it as usuing it for a nano. Maybe i should try it....:confused:

What kind of lighting did you retro-fit into that little hood by the way? The little incandescent seems like it would only be able to barely hold a 13 watt pc...

i got this tank at walmart for 30 bucks, sounds like the same tank but mine wasnt made by top fin. i cant remember who made mine. anyway,  i made a new hood out of textured abs plastic.  i have one 32w smartlight in there currently.  but i am about halfway finished with my new hood that will house two 32 w smartlights.  ill post a pic of the new hood when its finished

(Edited by mxpro32 at 6:56 am on June 7, 2002)

(Edited by mxpro32 at 6:58 am on June 7, 2002)

thanks everyone.  i really enjoy this little tank.  its nice to get some feedback from others.  i have been so busy lately i cant wait to get a little free time to finish the light hood.  it looks so much better with both lights above it.  and im sure my clam will like it as well.  

i love clams.   one day with better lighting i'm gonna get one.  nice tank though.  looks like it's coming along well.

Archived