Cultivated Reef

Tom Deco Art 3G Pico Tank

Savager

I finally got my tank yesterday from Pets-warehouse. Very well packaged. I opened the packaged and I loved how the tank look. Light was very strong and over all it's really well made pico tank I though. But the filter isn't as big as I was hoping for. So I was going to use that as my carbon. And I am planning to Aquaclear to make a refugium.

My question is, what is the biggest Aquaclear I can get? AC50? Perhaps AC70? And is there any mod that I can slow the flow on Aquaclear?

Thanks guys. I will post some picture after I put some LR in the tank.

p.s. I saw some people were using color sand. Where can I buy it from? I was thinking about maybe black sand or some other color sand instead of conventional white one.

You might be able to fit the 110 on there and to slow flow I think all you have to do is cut a few of the impellar blades off. The flow is also adjustable on the intake tube. You move it left to right to increase or decrease flow.

You can order the sand or get it at most of you LFS's

Anyone got exact dimension for AC50, 70 and 110? I really doubt AC110 will fit on 3G deco art tank. but If I can put 110, that will be awsome. However, I really have to slow down the flow rate, it says AC110 got 300GPH. I want to make it like 100GPH or less for flow.

I finally got my tank yesterday from Pets-warehouse. Very well packaged. I opened the packaged and I loved how the tank look. Light was very strong and over all it's really well made pico tank I though. But the filter isn't as big as I was hoping for. So I was going to use that as my carbon. And I am planning to Aquaclear to make a refugium.

My question is, what is the biggest Aquaclear I can get? AC50? Perhaps AC70? And is there any mod that I can slow the flow on Aquaclear?

Thanks guys. I will post some picture after I put some LR in the tank.

p.s. I saw some people were using color sand. Where can I buy it from? I was thinking about maybe black sand or some other color sand instead of conventional white one.

its good w/o any mods out of the box.....use the styrofoam to see if you can find a filter that will size up right....

the aquaclear impellors are inter changeable....use a smaller impellor to slow it down

the filter may seem underpowered, but its 80 gal in a 3 gal!

im cutting the bottom off mine and using it to attach another picotope to mine....having the filter sit inside one tank....flow to the other, basically making a bigger chamber for the filter...

heres my surface skimmer for it

post-22467-1160064688_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone got exact dimension for AC50, 70 and 110? I really doubt AC110 will fit on 3G deco art tank. but If I can put 110, that will be awsome. However, I really have to slow down the flow rate, it says AC110 got 300GPH. I want to make it like 100GPH or less for flow.

The AC 70 is 8 1/2"L X 6"W X 8"H with 3 3/4" of its width behind the tank. The flow out of the box is reported to be from 100 to 300 GPH, but you can replace the impeller with one from the AC20, 30 or 50 without modification.

Good luck with the pico.

Mike

the ac110 is actually 500gph. for my 2.5g, i am going to get an ac70(much less electricity than the ac500) and put the ac20 impeller in it. that, combined with a baffle and other filtration, should be slow enough flow for the 3g while still providing plenty for all of your corals.

ok...dont cut the bottom off your filter! LOL not that i did.... :mellow:

im gonna chain up like 3 or 4 of these lil tanks!!

still working out good ways to mod it....

mine is flourishing so far w/ just stock equipment....

Archived