Innovative Marine Aquariums

2.5 maintainence levels?

supraeli

hey guys, just a few questions about your 2.5G picos...

obviously with such a teeny tiny puddle of water to work with, i would assume that it would be an extremely tedius job keeping up with water maintainence...

i was just curious about the schedules of people with 2.5's, especially those with organisms that produce high bioloads such as predatory mantis shrimp, or harlequin shrimp...

also, i was curious as to people with a larger number of LPS corals, or extraordinarily large LPS colonies in whether they deplete the available calcium in the small volume of water, and whether supplementation is needed.

a schedule of water changes, supplements, and top offs would be helpful.

thanks!

Clean tank weekly.

what do you do to 'clean your tank'?

I started a 3 G 2 months ago,

I change the water weekly( about 1/2 G)

Clean weekly (Scrubb the tank)

Clean the filter pad every 2-3 weeks

You might want to syphon the sand, but I find it really hard to in such a small tank.

Good luck :D

Top off daily with rodi. Do 12 oz water change daily. 1 Gallon water change monthly. I never have to scrape, clean the glass. I have 4 astrea snails along with 2 cerths and a few nas... snails. They have more time than I do. Thats it Corals look great and the blue damsel is doing wonderful.

wow, blue damsel and 9+ snails in a 2.5 gallon? thats way more bioload that i previously thought was recommended. interesting...

thanks for the replies, guys! ill look more into this...

Change out 48 ozs of water weekly...that's about it. I don't run any filter media, just chaeto in my AC20. No supplementation at all.

Livestock:

LPS:

5 green stripped mushrooms

GSP

2 Ricordia mushrooms

Blastos

Finger Leather

Zoas

Branching Hammer (2 heads)

Neon Pink/Green Frogspawn (2 heads, 6 itty bitty ones)

Xenia

SPS:

Orange Monti Cap

Green Digitata (I think?)

Inverts:

1 Fire/Blood Cleaner shrimp

3 ceriths, 1 nass, 1 crown astrea, 1 bumble bee, and at least 6 stomatella snails (those guys multiply like mad!).

Everything is healthy and growing great...my water parameters stay rock solid.

-Tim

Archived