Top Shelf Aquatics

Lighting the 12 Gallon Cylindrical Tank

Vandur

Everyone,

For those of you who have read my thread (http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...=&threadid=9636) in the beginners forum (I definately don't consider myself anything but that..) you will know that I am setting up cylindrical nano with a single 175W MH Pendant.

My question to this group is... What should I use as far as bulbs go? There are 20k, 10k, etc.. What benifits would I get from changing out the 10k that I have for a 20k? Please let me know, I would love to learn more about these!

~R

It' really a personal opinion. If your running JUST the MH bulb than a 10k or a 14k or 20k would be best. Personally I run just 14k (sold as 10k but really are a 14k) Aqualine bulbs on my tanks. Sun people prefer the Sunburts which are nice. If you'd like more blue than these 10k/14k offer than a 20k is probably best.

I'd look and try to find some pics of MH only tanks and see what you like.

Cameron

Physh1,

Thanks for the advice. Scarily enough, I hadn't even thought to look for pictures of MH only tanks.. Unfortunately the design of the tank really isn't optimal for anything buy a MH pendant.. :(

~R

Archived