inTank Media Baskets

Clown Lips?

Malakas07

Hey all,

I've had a percula now for about 2 months. Hosting a bta and is paired with another perc. Well just yesterday his lips look really swollen. Like he has alergies and his lips got really swollen. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• 5 weeks later...

is it discolored at all? can you get a pic? or can you do a search on google and find asimialr symptom?

whatever it is, it isnt a very common ailment.

• 3 months later...

I appologize for the necro-post, but I couldn't find any other reference for this problem.

My Percula clown has the same issue. His lips are pale and swollen. Water quality is 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 10 nitrates (probably less now that I've done a water change.) He is in my 5.5 AGA quarantine tank. He is eating well and isn't showing any signs of discomfort or illness. I think he may have ich. There are small white spots on his pectoral fins and one spot on his dorsal fin.

I'm not worried about the ich. That's a common problem with many solutions, but I've never seen the swollen lip issues anywhere before. I couldn't get a picture (he keeps moving too much), so here is a short video. Any help is appreciated.

Clown Video

Archived