SaltCritters.com

another aquaclear20 question

Tentacles

Ive got the ac20 running on my 2g pico and heres the thing. its on the far left of the tank and on the left side of the tank i get 1.019-1.020 salinity readings and on the right side of the tank i get 1.025-1.026 radings everytime i test. i want to put the filter in the middle of the tank, do people do that, to get some better overall mixing and flow, but my heater is about as long as my entire tank. if i put it vertically about an inch will stick out, can i put it near the bottom or will that affect my ls once i put it into the tank? Also if i just up the power on the filter (its at the lowest setting right now) then it makes splashing that puts water on the sides of the tank and makes me lose salt since i can rub the salt off the side when the water dries. Help! I dont want strange salt levels!

thanks

are you not using that intake tube and taking in water from closer to the surface or is it just there for some other reason?

sorry, I don't have the intake tube attached in the pic. That other intake tube is taped on there b/c the notch on the pump broke off, that spare intake tube keeps the filter sitting level against the aquarium.

Archived