Cultivated Reef

updated pics of my 20L

byrself

<EDIT: SCROLL DOWN FOR NEW SHOTS!>

got more live rock, and got a green open brain.  sorry, my pics suck.  waiting on software upgrade to come in mail for camera to work right.  all comments and questions welcome.   =)

5-24%20left%20side%20coral.JPG

5-24%20clown%20&%20polyps.JPG

5-24%20metallic%20greens%20frag.JPGmy first green frag!

(Edited by byrself at 10:41 pm on May 24, 2002)

(Edited by byrself at 3:12 pm on May 25, 2002)

(Edited by byrself at 12:24 am on June 10, 2002)

(Edited by byrself at 1:48 am on June 10, 2002)

Looks nice.  Have you tried feeding the brain yet?  They really puff up after a meaty meal.

Thanks for posting the pics.  Keeps me inspired while the rock cures in my 20L!  :)

hey Kapelakin, any pointers you could give me on feeding the brain?  what do you use and how do you do it.  i'm currently adding a few drops of microvert every few days, but is there something better i could do?  thanks for any help you could give.  i love suggestions.

grenade.gif

Sure.  If you have frozen food for your fish, just thaw out half a cube or so, and place it in the grooved area of the brain, where the mouth is located.  You might have to turn off your powerheads to keep the current from sweeping the food away from the coral.  It will probably open right up and envelop the food.  Most LPS corals with visible mouths will eat this way, like modern corals, plates, etc.

You can also just use a chunk of fresh shrimp, fish, clam, scallop, etc.  It's really cool to watch them eat.  

thanks man.  that helps out alot.  i already noticed the small tentacles that come out from around the groove, usually when i first turn my lights on i see them.  thanks so much for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

got some updated pics... and a new pulsing xenia.  also a shroom from a friend that i stuck in my rock..

coral%20updates%20004.jpg

coral%20updates%20003.jpg

coral%20updates2%20001.jpg

coral%20updates%20002.jpg

coral%20updates2%20003.jpg

here's the whole tank, the far away pics suk though..=(

i removed my skilter though!  nicer on the eyes..

FULL%20SHOT%20UPDATED.JPG

(Edited by byrself at 12:27 am on June 10, 2002)

It almost looks like my 55 that is weird maybe I need to trade down for a 20l I don't think I could cram everything in there though.

space is becoming a problem, but i got large specimens to begin with so i could frag them and have something to work with.  in case i killed something of course =)

the 20 longs really make nice nanoreefs.  i was gonna move everything into a larger tank later, but have gotten attached to the 20.  

tank is also about 10 months old now total, but only about 7 months with the live rock added.  was fish only for a while though.

Archived