Top Shelf Aquatics

sump/ref. idea

ffjim811

im getting a 75 gallon oceanic tank that is pre drilled and would be running a sump and refugium with one pump,my thought would be to have one iwaki return pump coming off the sump run straight into the refugium with a spray bar over top off the fug. and have drilled return gravity fed to the tank the water flow would be controlled with ball valves. and i would also have a 5 1/2 gallon overflow lower then the sump with 11/2 inch pvc running from the sump to the overflow tank in case of any power shut offs or other problemsi dont think there will be any overflows though since the pipes wouldnt below any water surface hence the spray bar on top off the fug. so it wouldnt be drawn back into the sump if power would fail. anyway i hope you all get the main idea just let me know what you all think jim

p.s. what do you all think about undergravel jets used for current flow i will be using a mag 7 for the jets piped in diff. directions with 2 maxi 1200 to assist with top and middle water flow currents

Archived