Coral Vue Hydros

Hang on refugium

Dazed1

Well, i went ahead and bought this : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...2312271199&rd=1 . The size, 10"LX6WX 12H .

What kind of powerhead should I be using for it ? It will be arriving sometime next week (hopfully). I'll use sand and rock and also am looking at buying a 18 W JBJ clamp on for it.

Is it ok If i have the heater inside the refugium ?

Where and how will i connect the power head ?

Anything else I should be knowing ?

Sorry if these are kind of stupid question's X)

Hi Dazed, I just set up my hang on fuge 18 Inch on my tank and I have my Titanium heater in it and it works perfectly. So if you have the room for it I would say it will work just fine. So far I like watching what is in the fuge more than my tank, I am so glad I put one on. Good luck!

Originally posted by Christopher Marks

You could probably get a good pump recommendation from the guy selling the refugium too...chances are they use one personally.

This is his response.

the pump i use is rio 600  

outside pipe is 1/2"  

thanks  

I do not want to use a rio due to quality. Since I've asked him to keep the outlet pipe the opposite side of my current power head, could I use something more "powerful" to create a better wave ?

Maybe a Maxi-Jet 900 or 1200 ?

Well, i'll be getting one of the 200GPH maxi jet's. I already have a Hagen 402 (275GPH?), which stirrs up the sand bed already in all parts of the tank. Hopefully this won't be too much.

Archived