Pod Your Reef

Question about stock lighting and flow

seabass

I see that the stock rules state that you can only use a single 50/50 daylight/actinic bulb. Would use of a single 50/50 daylight/daylight bulb be allowed in stock? It’s more of a change in spectrum versus intensity.

Also, would an HOB and two powerheads on a wave timer qualify for stock? Only one powerhead would be on at a time (along with the HOB).

Is this stretching things too far for stock? I can understand if this setup needs to be entered into the custom category. Thanks!

Chris,

Am I correct in assuming that HOB's turned into fuges are not allowed? Are we only allowed a "normal" HOB?

Seabass, sorry for the highjack of your thread. :)

The idea is the keep everyone's equipment parameters the same.
That’s cool. Thanks for your time setting this up!

One last question, are we OK to paint our tanks before Sunday?

Seabass, sorry for the highjack of your thread. :)
No problem whatsoever!
Christopher Marks
Am I correct in assuming that HOB's turned into fuges are not allowed? Are we only allowed a "normal" HOB?

Correct. While you could technically place macro algae in it, additional lighting wouldn't be allowed.

One last question, are we OK to paint our tanks before Sunday?

Yes, you can do any work you want on preparing your system before the official start. It just cannot have water in it until we begin.

So, its okay to remove the filter media from an aquaclear HOB and place LR rubble in it, as long as we don't add a light? Isn't this considered a "Mod'd" HOB? Just want to make sure that a "mod'd" HOB is still okay for the "stock" contest.

TIA

Archived