Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Corals for a 6G Nano cube

shelleyBoston

Hi, I am just about to set up a new 6 gallon JBJ nano cube for my office and I was wondering what corals will do well in a small tank like this.

I would like to hear sugestions from other nano reefers sucessfully keeping corals in small tanks like this one.

Thanks ...!

Michelle

I don't own a Nanocube, but I have a 5 gallon mini-bow nano-reef. I currently have over 20 mushrooms thriving in it, and I'm only using a 20 watt Coralife mini PC bulb. Mushrooms work really well in a tank that small. Personally I only like mushrooms because they're easy to take care of and come in a variety of colors, but I've seen a lot of people on this forum with LPS and a variety of soft corals in their Nanocubes.

Good luck with your tank. Only put in what you can take care of, and you should be fine.

shelleyBoston

I like mushrooms and Zoas myself, I think those two are easy to care for in a nano and they have a lot of color too..! I think Thats what I am going to go with.. Will post pics when tank is set up and running..

I don't own a Nanocube, but I have a 5 gallon mini-bow nano-reef. I currently have over 20 mushrooms thriving in it, and I'm only using a 20 watt Coralife mini PC bulb. Mushrooms work really well in a tank that small. Personally I only like mushrooms because they're easy to take care of and come in a variety of colors, but I've seen a lot of people on this forum with LPS and a variety of soft corals in their Nanocubes.

Good luck with your tank. Only put in what you can take care of, and you should be fine.

I like mushrooms and Zoas myself, I think those two are easy to care for in a nano and they have a lot of color too..! I think Thats what I am going to go with.. Will post pics when tank is set up and running..

Can't wait to see some photos. :)

Archived