ReefCleaners.org

18gal Cube Updates

willtel

Well I finally had a chance to take a few more pics of my 18gal cube after I got the sand and water in it. Here is the first thread, http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...highlight=18gal

Tank and stand shot.

nano14.jpg

Right side shot showing the future refugium.

nano13.jpg

Left side showing the return from the refugium back to the tank.

nano12.jpg

Top view of refugium.

nano15.jpg

More updates to come. I have the live rock in now but I am still working on the aquascaping so no pics yet.

looking great!

did your tank come w/ that baffle in the sump area or did you put that in there yourself?? I'm thinking of doing something like that with mine before setting it up.

Also, what model aquaglobe is that?? And how do you like it? I bought 2 of the 225gph ones, i'm not sure how i'll connect that return tube to it though, since the nozzle is a lot smaller than the return tube.

Looking good tho, i'm eager to see some more pics!!

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Good idea about moving the heater to the fuge, I'll see if I can lay it sideways across the back.

I added the baffle for the refugium myself. I actually bought an acrylic paint pallet at an art store because that is the only place I could find a small piece of acrylic. Anyway I used a plastic cutter to score the sheet (pallet) and cut it to the correct size. I just used silicone to hold it in place because it doesn't need to be water tight and holds very little pressure. It has worked well so far.

My auqaglobes are the aq-100f models rated at 100gph. So far they are working just fine and are nice and quiet unlike the Rio return pump. I hope to have more pics up in a day or two.

I got some decent shots of the tank with my live rock from TBS in place. The water is still a tad cloudy, I'm assuming this is because it is still in the middle of the cycle.

rock1.jpg

rock2.jpg

rock3.jpg

rock4.jpg

rock5.jpg

rock6.jpg

rock7.jpg

Yep, everything you see came on the live rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater. I was surprised to see that much stuff, I just hope it all makes it through the cycle. I had one mantis that I took out and I may have one more but I will have to wait a while to be sure.

I'm using two 28 watt PC's from Hellolights, if you click the link in the very beggining of this post it will take you to more pictures of the lighting setup. They produce very little heat in the hood but I'm worried that I may not have enough light in the long run. I think I may add a 70 watt MH in the future and use the PC's for actinic but I'm sure I will need to build a new hood. Are these things ever done?B)

Yeah I looked at the hellolights 2x28 retro, but I don't like their reflectors. I like the miro reflectors that ahsupply sells. Might want to use those if you plan on adding another 28 into your hood? How much space do you have under the hood between the top of tank?

That purple glow from the fuge is interesting.. or is it a false color picture (some my camera shows my tank as more blue then white)...

Archived