Coral Vue Hydros

encrusting green star

SaVeThEeELs

i need info on encrusting stars...

-are they pico friendly?

-common spieces found (south eastern us market)

-basic needs.....how hard are they to grow?

ive seen these things grow on glass and was possibly intrested and gettin a frag or two...grow em on random objects in ma pico...

If you mean Green Star Polyps then yes they are pico friendly, yes the readily available and as far as basic needs, just keep your water quality top-notch.

BustytheSnowMaam

The advice I received with them is to make sure you don't mind whatever you put them on being completely taken over by them.

Tasha

sweeeeeet!!!!! think they will grow on this stuff??

sweeeeeet!!!!! think they will grow on this stuff??

are there other speiciseses ? whats the scientific name for the most common??

FISHBASE.ORG rocks if you know all that latin stuff......

post-22467-1159368213_thumb.jpg

BustytheSnowMaam
thankie fo info! need input.....any other coral "weeds" i can grow on crazy stuff?? id like to have an artificial reef......

Corals attach best on a calcium base. Other things that grow like weeds are purple mushrooms and anthelia.

Tasha

Corals attach best on a calcium base. Other things that grow like weeds are purple mushrooms and anthelia.

hmmmm so my limestone and tuffa shouldnt be a problem but gettin it stuff to grow on glass might be tough eh??

what if the glass has a nice thick layer of coraline algae?

burtbollinger
hmmmm so my limestone and tuffa shouldnt be a problem but gettin it stuff to grow on glass might be tough eh??

what if the glass has a nice thick layer of coraline algae?

I've found that if the mat completely covers the coraline, in time the coraline will deteriorate due to the total lack of light. when it deteriorates it ends up crumbling off the glass, causing the GHP that has grown on top of the coraline to end up falling off too. thats my experience anyway.

I've found that if the mat completely covers the coraline, in time the coraline will deteriorate due to the total lack of light. when it deteriorates it ends up crumbling off the glass, causing the GHP that has grown on top of the coraline to end up falling off too. thats my experience anyway.

no glass eh...probably have to age it for years.....maybe use a glass thats been sanded.....

Archived