Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Spots on Skunk Cleaner

Buehler

Well, just yesterday I noticed a couple brownish/blackish spots of either side of my skunk cleaner shrimp. Now I have no idea what it might be (hence the reason I'm here!). Maybe it's nothing, but it might be something, so I'd like some of you guys to check this picture out and let me know your opinions...thanks so much.

Christopher

skunkcircle.jpg

nun really dude.....watch him carefully, make sure it doesnt get any bigger and see if it disapears when he(she) molts.....it might just be random funk.....

the only critters i would think that would eat em are isopods but again it might be a fungus or something similar

It's probally just algae. Right before a shed, the shrimp will stop cleaning itself and you'll start to see brown spots on their body, especially in the white area.

It's like people who don't wash thier hair right before a hair cut.

It's probally just algae. Right before a shed, the shrimp will stop cleaning itself and you'll start to see brown spots on their body, especially in the white area.

It's like people who don't wash thier hair right before a hair cut.

OK thank you. Whenever I see something like that, it makes me worry it might be something a little more severe. I was kind of leaning on the side of algae---but sometimes you just never know for sure! Thanks for the reassurance :)

Archived