Top Shelf Aquatics

Its Alive!

DeskJockey

Thanks for the comments everyone =)

Unit- Sorry didnt see your question earlier. Well I had someone make the overflow box. Im learning how to work with acrylic but you probably dont want me making one for you yet. If you check out acrylic man on RC he can make a VERY nice one for you. His price isnt too bad.

Nishant - nope no endcaps, it comes in handy when you see bulbs on sale and you dont have to worry about them being straight pin or square hehehe and uhhhhh I suck at movie quotes

nanoman- Yeah I drilled holes into the splash shield and mounted them to that. I cant slide the shield out anymore for easy cleaning but its no big deal to unscrew the side. If you need a pic let me know.

Nice LEDS......Hmmm This weekend.......Always another project!

"The French are so considerate that they plant trees along the roads so that invading armies can march in the SHADE!" HAHA HA HA.....

That is a nice set-up DeskJockey. I like that lights of America spotlight in the fuge, they work great. You have a lot of electricity in that cabinet, I hope you have it hooked up to a GFI outlet. Sorry if I sound preachy, but electricity&water=dead!!!!!!

Yeah I did replace the old outlet with a GFI outlet but frankly the house wiring is 62yrs old and I have little faith that the ground wire is properly continued through the house even after a renovation (prior to our purchase). I just hope the GFI works despite the crappy house wiring. I try to keep things away from splash the most I can. I have some plexi glass on the left side of the fug below the powerstrips and have all the wires looped together. Thanks for the concern though =)

Originally posted by Nishant3789

nice. is it juts me or is there no sockets for those PC bulbs.....

if you bash open a gx23 socket you'll find the same things. a naked bullet-connector type piece of metal. instead of putting these in a socket, they're connected to wires and encased in a small piece of clear heat shrink.

Archived