Coral Vue Hydros

Ouch...I ripped a mushroom in half!

MacnReef

Ok, last night I went over to my mothers house and her husband was tearing down his 10g nano I set-up for him. It was loaded with pc lighting and was full of softies. Well he had a tank crash about 3 months ago, due to temp drop! A clown survived, a hairy mushroom, some ricordeas, some polyps and about a dozen snails.

Well, he gave it all to me...Now the problem. The hairy mushroom was a beaut! It was green and looked great. I was trying to get him off of a rock when I thought I had him and I pulled and he was attached in two places and did not notice. I ripped him in half and OBVIOUSLY he shriveld up! Is he going to die? I left the majority on the rock at his house until we found out if he would die.

Any suggestions on getting mushrooms off of liverock? Also, do you think he will live?

Thanx

Yes, you can use some wedding tule.. you know, the thin netting/mesh material.. if you don't know, just ask the wife. I did this method about two weeks ago with two mushrooms by cutting the cap off and then cutting the cap into four pieces.. grew from 2 shrooms to 9. :) one original stem didn't make it, other is growing a new cap.

ps. Macnreef, you have a pm.

Archived