Top Shelf Aquatics

Bangai Card With "Bite"?

Nosferatu

I just brought back a Bangai Cardinal from the LFS. I was floating him in my new tank (which currently only has 2 other fish) and noticed that on his lower lip he has what looks like a bite or something taken out of him. It doesn't look diseased, but more like an injury, particularly since there is also something similar, but nowhere near as deep on his nose. They are both fairly small, but noticeable.

Anyway, when I went to go call the store to inquire about it, I guess the bag got loose and was grabbed by my powerheads flow. This essentially dumped him into the tank, oops. Should I go through the trouble of trying to catch him to bring him back or is the general consensus that he will probably heal fine? Should I be worried for my other more expensive fish in the tank with him?

It's a 75g, so he has plenty of room all to himself....the water parameters are all spot on with the exception of pH which is a little low (but being buffered until it gets up).

What's the advice? Let him heal or try to fish him out and take him back (which they said they would no prob)?

DementedLullaby

He will be fine as long as the water is clean and he isn't getting picked on. He may have a bit of an injury for awhile and maybe a small mark always but it will heal up. Make sure it doesn't get infected and fungusy.

He actually seems fine today and some of the black coloration has actually "spilled over" into where the injury was yesterday. It's still a sort of open wound., but I'm not worried so much anymore. Thanks for the confidence booster.

Archived