ReefCleaners.org

Check out the updated pics of my 10g

JIM27

We finally got our own digital camera! And it takes pretty good pics too.

Info:

lighting: 2x36wattPC

corals: shrooms(ricordia,red,unknown),polyps(star, unknown), frogspawn, unknown lps.

fish: sabae clown

inverts: coral banded shrimp, scarlet hermit, blueleg hermits, "hitchhiker" snail

Main tank

Maintank3.jpg

Whats that little shroom with the stripes radiating out from the center?

redshrooms.JPG

side view

mainSIDE.JPG

Whats this called?

newLPS.JPG

Refugium

refugiumSIDE.JPG

The whole thing

wholesetup.JPG

My frogspawn. One of the things died in a overheating accident a 2 weeks ago. The temp got to 90+ degrees. Its doing better now.

frogsawn.JPG

nice tank i really like that "unknown" coral it lokks pretty cool. i like your selection of other corals too,Chris:)

the one below "what's this called" is a candy cane coral i believe. is that thing on the red shroom rock a striped mushroom?

jim, i thought about using one of those overflow tubes for a refugium just like you have there.  i wasn't sure if it would work or not.  so you pump from the 10 to the refugium, then it overflows back to the 10?  i guess that is a safer method than what i came up with, which involved another sump underneath just to take the overflow and pump back into my 10, which would have a pump into the 20, which would overflow to the sump...

the only prob i see with my setup is if one of the pumps fail, i'd be in deep (trouble =).  i may try your method though, somehow.  thanks for sharing that...=)

That would be commonly known as a candy cane coral. And the unknown shroom is just a shroom. No biggy, shrooms come in all different variaties so I wouldn't be worried at all. The only suggestion that I would make is maybe some more live rock... Good looking stuff though,

gaber

I got back from the lfs. I picked up some scarlet hermits, snails, and a purpleish frogspawn. I'll post a pic of it when its acclimated and open.

i noticed you are from cali, the guy i got my lights from off ebay says he sells to area fish stores in cali.  i bet they came from the same place.  =)

Quote: from byrself on 8:23 pm on June 13, 2002[br]i noticed you are from cali, the guy i got my lights from off ebay says he sells to area fish stores in cali.  i bet they came from the same place.  =)

Probably. :)

As promised in an earlier post, here's the new frogspawn. It opened up extremly quick. It only been in the tank for like 4 hours.

newfrogspawn.JPG

newreefpic.JPG

I think it makes the tank look much more complete.  I hope you all like it. :)

Archived