ReefCleaners.org

Upgrading lighting...help

The Unit

I am upgrading lighting on my 15gal tall...i was originally going to go with a 2x36w system from PSL but i just dont think it is enough...so the guy from PSL is looking into a 70whQI for me....well i know it a MH unit but what is HQI and what would somthinglike that run for....also it would be a 10k bulb....would that be all i need over the tank? or would i need some sort of antic?i cououls do 70w MH and 2x15w NO for antic....how that sound..100w over my 15 tall?....or do i go with the 150w HQI........any suggestions would be great

go 150W, the worse that could happen is that you think it's too much and you raise the light a couple of inches to lower the intensity.

i have the 15H with 4x30w VHO's and i think it's still a little low. while the 70w mh should be able to 'punch' farther down than VHO's the point is more is better imo. just my $0.02

what about heat....how much hotter would the 150 run than the 70?.....also i can get 70w HQI bulbs for 25 bucks....150's are much more than that....

Archived