Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Converting (already?!) to a larger tank

noob1

After only 6 months I have already cracked and purchased a larger tank, even though I love my 20l. (what a freak I am)

My plan is to use my 20l as a sump/refugium with the 50 Breeder (36 x 18 x18) as the display.

Does anyone have any experience/input on this? I have done several forum searches and it doesn't seem like the 50 Breeder is very popular. Did I err in buying this thing? I got it at cost.

Thanks

Does anyone have any experience/input on this? I have done several forum searches and it doesn't seem like the 50 Breeder is very popular. Did I err in buying this thing? I got it at cost.
You didn’t mess up; that’s a sweet tank! The only reason I didn’t get one was that they weren't in stock, and they were 50% more expensive than the 40Bs. According to Reef Central's Tank Volume Calculator, the tank volume for the 50B is 50.5 gallons versus 44.9 gallons for the 40B. If I had the choice, I'd still like the extra two inches on top. My upgrade was fairly similar to yours (a 15 gallon to a 40B); if interested, you can get some details by clicking on my signature.

Awsome. It really is 50g.

I have never heard of, nor seen one of these.

Is it like a 40B but taller (I don't have the dimensions for the 40B sitting in front of me)?

Mr. F,

The 40B is 2" shorter. The LFS had these 50's shipped accidentally and the owner decided to sell them at cost instead of shipping them back to All-Glass. His rationale being, sell the glass cheap and customers will spend the $ to fill the tanks. Gotta' give the guy credit for being smart and honest.

The draw-backs to the tank are the center strut and the lack of an overflow.

Archived