inTank Media Baskets

my new 1 gal pico

supernareg

lighting is a 10watt mini PC 50/50 in a regular clip on light (with mylar glued on inside to maximize output), for flow there is a pump from the nano fission skimmer WHICH SUCKS SO NO ONE BUY IT ! worst waste of money ever, but i guess pump was worth it, about 3-5 pounds of LR, 5lbs of LS (2 inches) and so far only 1 hermit. no heater, temp swings from about 73 the morning to 80 at 12am when light goes off. light cycle = 12p-12a

tank measures 6W x 8H x 7.5L

it'll be a zoo dominated tank, with maybe 1 nice looking shroom and a stalk of xenia, and possible caulpera. i'll update as it goes.

P9173129.jpg

set up yesterday, tank got cloudy today, i assume bacteria bloom. i used dry sand which was thoroughly washed, LR and LW (live water ;) ) from my established tank.

7 degree temp swings doesnt sound very good, but i guess since you are going to be keeping easier corals, it might not present a problem...

i think with 10 watts of light, you may have trouble keeping coloration of corals, but im not too sure... ive just never trusted my livestock to thrive in minimal lighting...

Archived