ReefCleaners.org

CONFUSED overflow,sump,

R*Frost*

i bought this tank i have 1 year ago for £60 it is 24x12x12 16 us gal. I think now after keeping my neons and catfish in this is a bloody good nano tank just have a look.

i think it is a overflow but i am not sure what one is ment to do help apprecaited anwer? and it holds my heater and it has 3 comparments that have filters in 2x fine mesha dn 1x carbon. And a pump to circulate the water round.

i better explain pic becuse it is small becuse of max disk size .

the RED blob is the heater

the BLUE blob is the return pump

the lines on either side are the slits where the water comes through they are at the bottem of the tank+.

ANY ideas on how to make this tank work and have a over / sump all help appreciated Simon

p.s even though the pic is wonky the tank isnt lol.

tank is called Bio-Aquarium and was bought in eng where i live.

Looks cool. I like your wonky picture, don't be so hard on yourself. Das wasseranreicherung mit huminstoffen is by far, the best feature.

The overflow is intended to skim the surface of the water. It prevents surface film from building up and greatly increases oxygenation. I think that tank would be fine after a lighting upgrade and an added powerhead. I would yank out whatever media is in that back compartment though. Also, you say you've used this tank for FW... never used copper-based meds, right?

Archived