Coral Vue Hydros

Pinktail Trigger fish

Dave ESPI

So I have had a few, and was wanting to addone to a customers 220 gal tank. there are a few crabs, snails, and starfish in the tank as well as a few various corals.

anyone ever keep um in a FOWLR semi1/2 ghetto reef?

Just wondering if I should holdout fer a decent sized niger or pick up this healty pink tail at a LFS that is has been at fer like...... forever.

Melichthys vidua = Pink tail trigger

to save the "derrrr waht iz dat fiesh?" reply. :happy:

and uh....

http://www.manband-archive.com/triggers/ca...thys_vidua.html

http://www.uog.edu/marinelab/fish/species_...thys.vidua.html

i hope you arent serious about the blue-ring octopus (i assume u mean octopus, u didnt mention...). They are known to seriously injure/kill people. Im not sure if one would want one in your tank. I was reading a long thread on www.TONMO.com's message boards about them.

LOL! I can't believe that he mentioned the octopus and not the cone snail! HAHA The cone snails that kill and eat fish can kill people as well. :) Quite a potent neurotoxin if I do remember correctly.

im sorry, i didnt/dont know what a cone snail is. It wasnt meant in a mean way what i said, just FYI'ing anyone who might run out and get something like a BRO. see ya

I remember a teacher I had in a bio course in college telling a tale of the blue ring and included a remark about two little girls who found an anemone on the coast of Oregon. One dared the other to touch it with her tongue. She did. Died very quickly. Apparently the nematocysts fired off into her tongue and the toxin went very, very quickly into her brain.

Jim

"hey baby, you wanna lick my bubble tip?"

I actually saw a website, not to long ago, that claimed they sold BR octopi, but they were out of stock! My jaw about dropped at the thought of some peeps saying: "That looks cool!" and trying to put one in the tank. As the potent Neurotoxins kicks in, lying paralyzed on your living room floor, drooling, and you just ####ed and shiate yourself....saying "maybe I should have done a SEARCH first!"

Sorry for the BRO forum Dave!

Archived