ReefCleaners.org

New racks and new frags YEAH !

The Propagator

The Propagator

I know where I can get some RPE's.

I'll pick up a colony next weekend and make some frags for ya.

I was gonna get one this week but the frag tank is FULL baby!

LOL!

The Propagator

Ha Ha !!

I know. By all rights there is no way I should be keeping so many corals in that tank but its working out very well, and has for a while now LOL!

( Any of you Cincinnati locals will know these stores)

I know for a fact that I have more coral in this one tank than Aquatics and exotics, and Just about Fish combined from all thier coral displays LOL! ( and I have 4 reef tanks LOL!)

I started a new thread in the Members tanks section if you want to see my prop tank FTS's, and my Ricordea propogation tank? ( The pic above is only 1/3rd of the tank and roughly 1/4th of the stock in it LOL!)

I dunno dude, I zoomed in real close and it looks like they are all carved out of wood! They aren't even real corals! :lol:

But very nice! You must do a lot of glass scraping. Your buddy Blane P. talked me out of a glass tank for prop, because he said I would spend 80% of my time scraping algae. Your tank is pristine--so you must clean a lot!!

Again, very nice!

The Propagator

LOL!!!!

Its been up as a full blown reef for around a year and a half. Before that it saw life as a fish only with live rock for its 1st 15 years or so.

All the rock in there is at least 5 years old ( most 10 plus) and from tanks I combined it to fill that tank. Same for the substrate.

Oddly enough, I dont scrape the glass that often. Maybe once a week?

I just run my mag float acrossed it every day whether it needs it or not.

The key is good natural filtration, and a good protien skimmer.

If all is balanced you dont get insane amounts of nusaince algaes.

I blow off all my rock and corals witha turkey baster about twice a week as well.

THIS HELPS IMENSELY FELLAS ! You should try it. ;)

I also make sure to rinse my filter pad in the wet dry once a week and change it every two-3 weeks. I clean my skimmer abot once a month, and I clean the crap from the bottom of my wet dry about once a month as well.

Yes Mark, I am one hell of a craftsman arent I LOL!

I know my camera makes every thing in an aquarium look that way from a distance. It sucks a distance shots but rocks at close ups.

Thats why I am always hesitant to post FTS's LOL!

BTW Mark, Blane is full of more chit than a cage full of monkeys.

THats all I am gonna say about the Reef-Nazi.

LOL!

Yea most of you guys in california think your hot because you have first pick over there. Well you can't dive off your beach and colloect zoo's. Sorry prop there are more out there then you think. i have had these for several months that i collected myself. I have also given them out locally so there are quite a few out there.

Yea most of you guys in california think your hot because you have first pick over there. Well you can't dive off your beach and colloect zoo's. Sorry prop there are more out there then you think. i have had these for several months that i collected myself. I have also given them out locally so there are quite a few out there.

ofcorse we're hot. it's sunny here.

The Propagator

WHat the hell are you talking about? Had what for several months?

More of what out there than I think? BTW if you dive from a beach and collect coral anywhere in the United States your breaking the law.

(I dont think your allowed tocollect anything in Cali though? Not like there is even anythin gto collect there is there? I mean unless your right on the mexican border? Thats a question not a statement ;) )

In florida you have to have either a residents fishing liscense or a comercial collection liscense, and you can NOT collect off the shore line.

It has to be from a boat at least 1/4 mile from shore line or any Federal preserve.

(that includes jetty's, docks, and piers.)

I live in OHIO 800 plus miles from the nearest coastline let alone anything subtropical or tropical which is 1000 plus miles away easly.

You cant collect anything in california they will get you with a huge fine and even sometimes jailtime! Not to mention the water out here in the pacific is super cold and nothing would live in our tanks anyways...

The Propagator

Thats what I thought, I just didnt want to "state" it with out knowing.

Now help me figure out what in the hell Reefer High is talking about will ya ! LOL!

Prop-

You've got some really nice frags there!!! and one hell of a nice setup to boot!

Any chance you've got a 1" - 2" frag of:

• Blue Acropora tortuosa;

• Acropora "Blue Bottlebrush";

or,

• Acropora lokani "30K Leagues"?

(That's just sitting around the tank, collecting algea... that you wouldn't mind parting with?)

Keep up the inspiration - I'm about one more coral away from my wife filing for abandonment!?

... "Yes, you Honor! The last time I saw my husband, he was surfing the internet (NanoReef) on his laptop, while measuring the remaining cubic inches left in his aquariums!"...

Art

This thread really gets the attention with the first 2 words in the title!

tank is looking good prop!

Just ordered 2 more pumps for my prop tank, I was gonna do all shelf rock in that tank but seeing the way you made the shelves in yours I may draw up different.

pm me I got a few q's about that setup.

xoxo

ps. I collected those little crabs on the shore as a kid....am I gonna get arrested?

:lol:

Archived