SaltCritters.com

Nano to make up for my mistakes?

Raibaru

Got a Damsel and Chromi for my 36g and I ignored all the warnings people gave. So in hopes to correct my mistake I want to take the damsel out and put him in his own aquarium. I've got a lot of LR still cured and I will take a few scoops out of the 36 for the sand bed about .5" or so.

I got a AC powerhead for a 5g that I will use as well as a stealth heater. I plan to convert this small AC50 filter into a fuge for it since I've been told that it wont have any impact at all on my 36g.

The biggest constraint is the weight of the tank. Space isn't my concern. It is going on my computer hutch in the corner so the overall weight of the tank needs to be 75lbs or less. Figure that's how much my monitor weighed that was there with no issues.

So I'm trying to decide on which to go with. I want to go with one of those all in one setups as the base so that limits my choices to the 8g Biocube, 6g Nanocube or the 6g Eclipse. I'm also kinda thinking about going with the picotope that I see a lot of threads on around here.

So the end goal will be the single damsel, 2 crabs and 2 snails for clean up, 3-5lbs of LR and 3lbs of sand. I will also try to add a small Xenia, Zoas and Ricordia down the road.

What would you guys suggest I go with to try and make things right?

ps. I did try returning the fish and they said since I've had it for more then 24hours that they couldn't take it back because they don't have the ability to re-aclimate the fish to their tanks. Whatever that means. Maybe they thought I wanted my $2 back too or something.

ps. I did try returning the fish and they said since I've had it for more then 24hours that they couldn't take it back because they don't have the ability to re-aclimate the fish to their tanks. Whatever that means. Maybe they thought I wanted my $2 back too or something.

yeah, take it to a different lfs. that sounds like bs to me. i have never heard of a place refusing to take a fish back because they can't re-acclimate it. most people don't acclimate fish anyways.

Archived