ReefCleaners.org

29 gallon @ 1 month

Korbin

Well, here it is. The final aquascaping. I decided to just plop the light down on the glass top (and pray). It seems sturdy. Anywhoo, if you want a list of equipment, look at my previous post.

The left side is for LPS. The center top is SPS. Next to that will be ricordia, and the entire right side is all zoanthids.:woot:

And when I put my cleaner shrimp in the tank, he is going to hang upside-down in the center cave, or I'm going to superglue his legs to the rock.

Wow!! That looks good!

I like the idea of having a zoanthid section. It'll look sweet when they all spread together. Your frogspawn has gotten big. That's gonna be a damn fine lookin tank when all that stuff fills in a bit.

From one Michigan (well, ex-Michigan) reefer to another...

That looks pretty frickin' sweet. I'm an especially big fan of the bluish ricordeas. I wish that I had some that looked a little less like a pimply brown pile of poop, but hey, they're ricordeas too.

Where'd you get 'em? Tropicorium? Pier 701? Preuss'?

Later.

Thanks for the comments! FlyGTI, I got the ricordia in a trade with a local Lansing reefer. But they do have some just like it at Preuss right now. (at insane prices I'm sure).

Drysocket, the frogspawn isnt even expanded all the way. Around noon it usually touches the hammer.

Well, I woke up yesterday to the sound of gushing water in my living room. I walked in to find my tank with about 7 gallons missing, and the pump for the CPR refugium was half exposed to air. It was pumping all kinds of bubbles into the 'fuge. Then I noticed that the floor was soaked. I checked the cords and plugs (which I stupidly have right behind the tank) and one of them has actually burned and melted the outlet in a small spot!:( It turns out I had a snail snoozing in the return pipe coming from the refugium, and he caused it to back up and dump salt water on my outlets and floor. It could have been a disaster! It all happened while I was sleeping.

I sopped up the water I could and moved all the cords to a different outlet. I also put an ugly-a$$ lint screen over the outlet so's my snails wont nap in there anymore. ugh...

dude-that sucks!

just glad you're ok!

hopefully someone else can learn from this-not that you did anything wrong.

i think someone else had a similar issue with a snail and aquafuge-sounds like we found a flaw! if the lint screen doesn't work you could try some needlepoint grid-make a barrier of it-problem is the bastage snails can come from the tank or the refugium to f stuff up!

hope it works out ok-BTW nice zoo pics and good work with the tank!

tg

Archived