SaltCritters.com

Keeping a worm only tank pico style

gotboostedvr6

I have 7-8 bristle worms in my main tank along with some inverts i really dont like to much. Im wondering what problems I might run into with having that many worms in a small 1-2 gal pico. ive seen a small pico that has a very small PC on it with a HOB filter will this work fine?

You really wouldnt have any overstocking problems. the i only thing that would give you trouble is keeping the tank stable. But why would you put bristle worms in there? There nocturnal. Id rather go with some inverts instead.

Well one of the worms is over 6" long and 4-5 years old. Id doubt he would be able to hide very well. I've recently found, using led lighting at night, that he has been eating away at my leather. I dont want to kill him so im looking to the next best thing.

I think that would be a cool idea. You could do a moonlight to watch them if you want. Notice of many "pests" are starting to get specific care in the hobby? I saw a bristle worm last night 4+" and I just left him alone. You could add other "pests" to your tank and start a new thrend. Just think in a year there would be a forum specifically for pest tanks. You can be credited for starting it but I want side billing for the idea. B)

I say do it.

I dont want to kill him so im looking to the next best thing.

Next best thing = Large Naso Tang

Let the Tang do the killing for you :P

Of course I'm just kidding.... I tried a 2.5 gallon w/LR and I had a bristleworm boom for 6 weeks and then they all died off. Just remember to feed them if you want to keep them in a small tank or they will die off quick.

Tang

My camera doesnt go macro but this worm is huge at least 5/16" thick and 5-6 inches long when hes bunched up 7+ when hes streched ill try to get a clean pic

Bristle worms are very sensitive to light. They hide away at all light except for a red light. It could work if you use maybe some red leds. Or if the moonlighting is not too strong for them.By the way thats one fat worm

Archived