Coral Vue Hydros

can somebody tell me if this will work

blooper74

Hello all. I am going to share with you my DIY trickle filter plans. I am useing this exact set up on my 75 gallon freshwater discus tank right now, and it is the best filtration I have ever used. My question is do you people of this comunity think I could use this on my soon to be 30gal. nano reef set up. Please let me know, any help any of you could give would be most wanted and thankfully received. :blush::D

OMG its awesome !

yeah it will, but the water will take the path of least resistance.............. always.

also remember that AIR will try to escape faster than water will alow it. perhaps a small 1/2 inch pressure equalizer tube and a way to "clean" the under area out easily is needed.

NEGETIVE PRESSURE FEED (If I am reading the diagram right) is tricky stuff.

Thanks for the reply dave. I should have stated that the filter media bin in the center and the left and right chamber tops are molded together so all you do is lift out the filter media container and you have access to the lower part of the filter. It's all gravity feed. Sorry I should have posted that.

Yeah it would work.......but why do you want to use it.

My favorite thing about my tanks is not having filters to clog and have to clean.

Well, that is true lizbeth. However the filter media does not have to be added. I was thinking maybe of even putting some rock in the media holder and a light. I guess it could be kind of like a sump or fuge? I was just wanting to get some feed back on this idea, because it works so good for my discus tank, then again that tank is freshwater.

Archived