ReefCleaners.org

HuBu's 10 gal tank

Sahin

yeah sure. just got the camera from my friend. retaking pics.

Full Front View of the tank. [br]

Tank0004.jpg [br] Bad Purple Hair Algae (i think) Problem [br]

Tank0006.jpg

[br] Purple Shroom from ToyFreek [br]

DCP_0135.JPG

sorry about the big pics guys. first time with a digi cam. one question. on the second pic, you can see some purple hair algae or some type of plant. how can you get rid of this? my snails and hermits wont go near it.

Wow!  You've got xenia all over the place. :D

If your camera has a macro setting, that might help your close-ups come out clearer.

Dude you got a Xenia farm in mind or what? :)

I bought xenia on sunday myself.  They are pulsing like mad after I positioned them in middle of tank :)

They look pretty cool.

Tank looks nice.  Could do with a few more corals though.

Get mushrooms and stuff to fill the bottom up, that looks nice I think.  Aquascaping is fine, you got enough rocks in there too.  It will look much better once the coralline takes over and hides the yellow coloured rocks beneath.

I havent got a clue what teh red coloured coral thing is.

Keep up the good work.

trying to get rid of the xenia. i didnt plan on it spreading like this. i dont have that many corals right now since ill be moving this tank into a 29 gal tank. that isnt red coral, its some type of hair algae which i need to get rid of.

xeina does propagate it self fast but if u have a lfs that will give u credit tad it in i like the pom pom xeina might put one in my forty

wow a cartoon nano im jk i like the rock formation alot  your damsels cool too its a realy nice tank ,Chris:)

HUbu, if you really want to kill off that patch of red algae, just run the algae part of the rock under freshwater from a tap and it will die off.  Its better than the crap spreading in your new tank and causing problems.  Doing it this way prevents the whole rock from becoming dead.

Archived